Reel wings

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Reel wings

Postby O/UDuck Hunter » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:46 pm

I have two of these things and they never stay up for more than a few minute's and i wanted to ask has anyone ever try to make one of there own?

I've been trying to make one thats lighter and am almost done but we'll see if it works
O/UDuck Hunter
hunter

Re: Reel wings

Postby tornadochaser » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:42 am

Have you tried the newer lightweight models they sell? Mine stay up in a 5-10 mph varying breeze much better than the originals.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:57 am

Not a fan of them at all.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby handyandy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:53 am

I've always debating buying some never have felt like spending the money on something that gets such mixed reviews. I've heard that using a light fishing line on them rather than the original string that comes with them helps. Idk this for sure but seems like it would be worth trying if you have them already.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby Illini135 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:44 am

I've got half a dozen of these both the light weight and regular and so far they have been nothing but a headache. I replaced the strings on a couple with light weight string it helped a little but still has trouble staying airborne. It seems if you've got gusty winds, light winds or any thing other than steady stable winds between 12 - 17 mph or so they won't stay up or they spazz out and crash. I'm still hopefull but I'm staring to wish I had used the money for more sillo socks.
Illini135
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum