Duck Hunting Forum banner

Spring snow goose

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  bluegoose18 
#1 ·
Me and some friends want to try spring snow goose hunting, we will have 150-200 homade decoys, and probably be hunting from the ditch on the edge of the field. We probably won't be getting an ecaller. Any tips or suggestions?

#4 ·
The cheapest option is to borrow the speakers battery and cd player from someone elses vehicle, you may get shot but it would still be cheap.

Otherwise the legal and better option is look at Ebay and Radio Shack you can get the pieces for relatively cheap that route and build your own.

#5 ·
Cheapest? A cd player out of a car, a cd of snow goose sounds, a battery, and some speakers. Typically horn speakers are used foe e-callers. You can get them for $15-25 a piece depending on wattage and horn size. Four 20 watt rms 5x8 horns off a cd deck would be plenty of sound for a beginner spread.

Tapatalkin on my Droid while I should be working.

#7 ·
we took and 1000 watt amp and wired 2 speakers too it and run the e caller off of a car battery using and ipod, it was a fairly cheap route since we had a battery and amp just laying around. it works really well though just charge the battery after each day of hunting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.