All balled up or strung out?

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

All balled up or strung out?

Postby 870 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:57 pm

Right now I only have a round 450 decoys. I know I’m going to need to have enough to cover up with since we’re not hunting out of blinds and make it look like a main feeding area. With the rest do you think I should ball them all up in one glob or string them out.

Today in the area I’m looking to hunt on Mon, I saw two groups of hunters (not on the same farm) With the works, flyers, rotaries, but they had all there decoys all balled up in globs. I want to give them something different to look at. I’m thinking of not taking any trinkets and just give them a feeding set. So what do you think all balled up or strung out? :huh:
Last edited by 870 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Re: All balled up or stung out?

Postby sno » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:47 pm

couple rows thick up top little thinner in the middle strung out downwind lay in the downwind area they would get low and look at us and break off 30 yards before the spread just a thought hope it helps post up some pictures good luck
sno
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum