Snow Goose Situation X (possible tomorrow morning hunt)

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Snow Goose Situation X (possible tomorrow morning hunt)

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:15 pm

Here is how it is shaping up for the morning hunt.

The snows are feeding approximately 100-200 yards away in a cut corn field on the no hunting side of our refuge. We can hunt in this cut corn on the hunting side across the river, but as mentioned before we are about 100-200 yards away. THe geese come from all different directions, but the majority roost very near where they feed. There are alot of singles, pairs and small groups of snows that fly over the field we can hunt along with all the birds going there to feed. Do you think it is possible to pull in a few of those singles and doubles to our small decoy spread of 300 rags and 1 dozen shells. There is no way we can make enough noise to compete with the 4000 on the ground in the no hunting zone. We would be happy to shoot 5-6 over decoys. We shot 2 pass shooting this location tonight.

Throw me some input. I just want to know if it is worth trying to get out in the morning. This happens to us every year.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:29 pm

I would try it, it never hurts to try to see what happens. Just a few is better then nothing.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:37 pm

I'd go for it. You ain't gonna find out if you're sittin at the house. If it was me I'd be out there in a heartbeat. :salude:
quackkiller
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:54 pm

So how did you do?
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:01 pm

They fed farther in. Lots more snows than what we saw. Instead of being 100 yards away like we were last night we were a half mile away. Watched lots of birds go over. Needed the ecaller bad. THen we could've got some shooting no doubt in my mind. Hard to compete with 3000 geese with only 300 decoys and 2 guys calling.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:52 pm

I can't wait to bust out the e-caller. Its always better when you can use the e-caller, it was one of the best investments I have ever made. :thumbsup:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum