Arkansas Conservation Snow Goose Hunting?

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Arkansas Conservation Snow Goose Hunting?

Postby richarj2 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:31 pm

I live in Ohio and have a sister that lives in Arkansas (Free lodging) and was going to take a trip down to Monticello, Arkansas maybe in March or April. Does anyone know if it would be worth it to go down there at that time of year for 3 days and hunt? Is there a specific time the bird numbers are higher, and is this a good area for Snow goose hunting around there? Any info would be greatly appreciated because I really don't have much of an idea except my sisters boss said farmers will let you hunt their fields for free just to get rid of as many as possible.
richarj2
hunter

Re: Arkansas Conservation Snow Goose Hunting?

Postby Dep6 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:47 am

I would keep up with the Migration Map on Ducks Unlimited website, I been there in March before and done well and then again been there and not done ok, I would check the map and ask this question again a lil closer to trip time maybe.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Re: Arkansas Conservation Snow Goose Hunting?

Postby JayMo37 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:22 am

It depends when you are going? With this bad winter, a lot of the snows were in southern Arkansas and Louisiana as of 2 weeks ago. And the weather hasn't let up. So if your going with a guide? Give them a call.
We used Premier Flight Outfitters the last 2 years we went there. Nice guys & great guides.
JayMo37
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum