Duck Hunting Forum banner

Recomendations For NJ, MD, DE Area?

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  GoosinNoVa 
#1 ·
Hello,

A few buddies and I are looking to go on a snow goose hunt for a couple days in MD, DE, NJ area. We don't really know a whole lot about it to be very honest.

Can anyone recommend a guide service in that general area that is good? Also ones to stay away from?

Feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thanks in advance!

#8 ·
Hi,
Weil, first I'll tell you who NOT to use.....
DOA Outfitters & Frontenac Fowlers !! We went with them a few years back. Joe (from DOA) told us to meet him in the town near we were hunting for an afternoon hunt. We we meet him, and he then proceeds to sit and have lunch for an hour while we wait. We then get to the blinds (not layouts) there were Aero Blinds the kind u can sit up in (I thought they were too visible). As I'm parking his partner Jay Barnes from Frontenac Fowlers proceeds to curse me out b/c he thought I was parking on part of the corn field. Very un-professional... There were at least 10 maybe 11 guns that day, including Joe the guide from DOA..the 2nd day Jay pulls all of his decoys from the spread, so now we are down to half a spread.. A very sad and un-professional hunt from so called guides... And at a higher price..
I will NEVER use these guys again..!!! Nor should you..

#9 ·
I used .. d.o.a never again tbat was the worst thing ever... the same **** happened to us.. that joe guy was a class A @$$.. pulled half the spread. Spent to much time shooting the bull.. ontop of all that the e caller was dead.. nothing was offered to make thing's better worst dog ive hunted with as well... the birds were their so their was no reason why we were not killing them o wait they were walking back and forth him and his stupid partner telling us the dos and donts wile birds were cupping in..... it was a joke.. him and his partner .. I question his guide lycinces in nys and he was the most un perfeshonal guide ever.. stay away from d.o.a.. now we bought all are own gear to do it right after watching what not to do ! $ ave your money

#10 ·
Btw joes partner guys... i was telling him i was a big sea duck hunter and diver hunter..shooting the ****t to make the best of the day he told me he has illegally shot canvas backs over bait... shows who they are... I have no reason to lie lol it was a joke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.