Mixing sillosocks and GHG full bodys

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Mixing sillosocks and GHG full bodys

Postby anatidaephobic » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:35 am

I hunt snows and specks in the fall with about 200 sillosocks and we do pretty well. Usually kill our specks and pick up a few snows. One day my son and I were commenting on the new GHG full body snows about how good they looked. My wife overheard this conversation and santa ended up bringing me 3 dozen of the full bodys and slotted bags for Christmas. For you guys that mix decoys, where do you put the full bodys? Upwind side near the blinds, strung out down wind, line a kill hole, line the perimeter, or mixed up? My thoughts would be to set them where i expect the geese to target the spread. Upwind side in light wind or downwind side in heavier winds. If you had to set out 200 sillosocks and 3 dozen fulls how would you go about it?
anatidaephobic
hunter

Re: Mixing sillosocks and GHG full bodys

Postby handyandy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:45 pm

Idk if it were me I'd try putting them where it seems like they will land that way your most realistic decoys are at where they get the closest look. But I really question how much that will matter since usually most groups I have had come in circle over at least twice just out of shooting before really committing so they probably get a good look over the whole spread then. So maybe even spreading them about all the decoys may be better so it looks like there are real geese all through out the spread. It's one of those things you'll just have to play with and will depend on the day and what the birds are doing.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Re: Mixing sillosocks and GHG full bodys

Postby lsuengineer » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:20 pm

put em where you want them to finish
lsuengineer
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum