Duck Hunting Forum banner

Lookin for snow goose hunters

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Mugzwump 
#1 ·
I'm lookin for some
Guys that want to kill some snow geese. I don't have any decoys but I have hunted them a lot. I'm more than willing to be
Out there at 3 in the morning setting 1200 decoys. If there are a few guys out there that have a few dozen each then we can get together and have a good spread. I can get land to hunt and
Permission. Thanks very much!

Levi Groves

#3 ·
I have maybe 200 total socks/ rags and a few full body canadas. I hunt mostly southeast mo. Boot heel region. May try sunday. Have any decoys or layout blinds? I have e caller and everything except im thin on dekes.

#6 ·
TomKat said:
The two of you need to face the facts: you will be crawling in rice field ditches to accomplish your snow jumps. Enjoy!
TomKat, I killed 300+ over 75 windsocks last year and a 2 speaker e-caller. everybody whines and crys about "you have to have 2000000000 decoys to kill snow geese". yes if you want to pile up hundreds all day long, but I would rather shoot at 30 or 40 a day till noon any day. less shells wasted, and I don't have more tied up in my spread than I do my truck lol. but yes, I would prefer about a 600+ bird spread, but when you make 275 dollars a week and have bills, that doesn't seem possible.

#7 ·
I agree sometimes you don't the time and space but set up time is quick for my 100 silosocks, As long as you are on the X it should be good for 3 flocks early in the morning and should be good enough to put some birds on the table.

#8 ·
TomKat said:
The two of you need to face the facts: you will be crawling in rice field ditches to accomplish your snow jumps. Enjoy!
We have a few spots out here we don't even use decoys... just mosey on out with our coffee in the morning wait till they start flying over and by 7am we're having breakfast with a truck full of geese. Just pass shooting them as they come over the crest of a hill. Most at about 25 - 30 yards.

After that we head over to the decoy field and work the flocks moving from field to field till sundown... most days we use less than 250 socks and bodys.. depends on how lazy/late we are in setting up, usually at par with how many of last nights empties are rolling around in the trailer. We are also a small group of guys... still working day jobs and paying off our bank rolled toys.

I'm sure it's goodtimes hunting with a million deocys... i'm working my way up to that many... just cause I don't know what else to do with myself and i'm obsessed with goose hunting. but most days I sure as hell won't be setting up that many unless i have a football team helping me out!

Mugz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.