Duck Hunting Forum banner

Full body spread???

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  SDduckhunter23 
#1 ·
How do you think a spread of just 3 or 4 dozen full bodies and a couple dozen shells would do?

#7 ·
FFGC WINGMAN said:
Yeah I know that they are in big groups in the spring. But I am just curious how the most realistic spread would work even if it is smaller. Just 5 or six dozen.
My theory is, if they are cruising north at thousands of feet, they can't tell the difference between rags and fb's. Those fb's in the hole will help finish em, but I think you need the big numbers to convince to ever get that close.

#9 ·
Fantastic in the early part of season and not so much later on in our experience. Opening day this year we only had out about 3 dozen full body and nothing else but a flag. Killed 49 by 9am.

#10 ·
waterfowlhunter said:
Fantastic in the early part of season and not so much later on in our experience. Opening day this year we only had out about 3 dozen full body and nothing else but a flag. Killed 49 by 9am.
Same thing with us. We can get by using about 5-10 doz in the early season but in spring we have to out out 1k plus full bodies and silosocks to shoot any along with flappers, ecallers ect. We are in sd so the birds we get in spring have already been shot at a ton and are super weary but u can kill them if u have the right stuff and the right spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.