Duck Hunting Forum banner

Mound city?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  0321Tony 
#1 ·
Making the trek from Alaska to mound city on the 7th for a four day hunt and was hoping for better weather but it looks like this trip may be a bust going off the counts at squaw creek refuge. Anyone have any recent reports of what is there if any birds are left or if anyone is killing anything. Hell it's colder there than it is here. I've been looking forward to getting there since I booked the trip back in September.
Thanks

Life is too short to pass up a day of hunting

#3 ·
TomKat said:
As of yesterday there was less than 3000 birds.

You might want to stay home, its probably warmer. We are in a deep freeze with two snow storms headed this way soon. Good luck.
x2 Most of the guides have left there for SE MO!! BAD weather coming... 4-10" of snow temps in - with highs in teens wind chill in -20+ for the next week!!!! If you are using a guide and they are saying come on down... Id tell them to shove it!! The offical bird count the other day was 6!! total! Mon Tue Wed ive been seeing birds all flying south

#5 ·
Looking at the Temps it looks like I'm going to have to bring down the beaver mittens and fox fur hat just to stay warm. I talked to the outfitter and he has been hunting southern Missouri with decent success. He said I could reschedule if I wanted unfortunately with the time frame I have to get the three of us that are going together we can't reschedule. Hoping for the best but my hopes are not that high this year... Man I have bad luck I hunted California in January and they were setting heat temps while I was there and now they're looking at the coldest winter on record for the Midwest now.

Life is too short to pass up a day of hunting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.