E-Caller

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

E-Caller

Postby SDduckhunter23 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:49 am

I'm new into hunting snows this year. We just got about 1k dekes for it but the only problem is that we dont have an e-caller. Not really looking to go and buy a 350-500 dollar one when I have heard of people making them for less than 50-100. If anyone has some plans to build one or have built one before, would you be willing to share? I plan on using 2-3 speakers and an mp3 player/ipod to run the sound. It needs to be loud, crips, and clear as well as have a long battery life. Not sure on what amp size/watt/ # of channels i should look for. Ive heard of people using mini amps for 20$ but i dont know. Also, based on the amp size, what watt/size of speaker should I get. Looking for plans to build one and also for where to get the parts to build one for a fair price.Thanks.
Carter Klatt

As you get older, and hunting time is more available to you, it can get easy to go back to a honey hole too often. Next thing you know, it's not so much honey and more of a hole.
SDduckhunter23
hunter

Re: E-Caller

Postby tornadochaser » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:10 am

The mini amps put out 15-20 watts RMS. 20 watt horn speakers dont sound too bad on them. A 50 w x 2 car amp works good too for $40.
tornadochaser
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum