Duck Hunting Forum banner

What do I need now and what do you think?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  AlaskaRedneK 
#1 ·
I first hunted snows this past duck season and decided to really get into it. I live in Sacramento hunting over rice fields, bean fields, wheat fields, or fields with nothing in them. No one here in Sacramento hunts snows because they require too much work...and we are only allowed 3 a day...or 2 whites and 1 dark, or 2 darks 1 white. I am a college student so my funds are always low, and can only buy when I find deals.

My spread consists of:

30 mixed shells 12 motion stakes

8 full body snows

6 Herters full body specs

18 home made silos.

2 snow goose wing wavers

950 rags.
~350 with stakes and the rest I bought from ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :EOAB:US:6

Has anyone heard, or put their rags on a line like this?

Basically what else should I concentrate on getting now?

Thanks much!

Jeff Given

See less See more
#2 ·
I can not say I've seen rags on tha line like that before, string o wings--yes-not rags though. But the price was right IMO, and you could remove them I bet if you wanted to.

I'm not sure how much space you have, but FBs are nice. Tyvek wind socks are a good bet too as many guys use tyvek as it lasts a lot longer than the plastic rags.

#4 ·
Yea...it is definitely pretty cruddy, especially since we have a HUGE population of them here. I do not suspect the limit is going to be changed any time soon though.

My spread is slowly evolving. I am going to start selling off the rags and start buying sillosocks. I am trying to budget for 1-2 dz a week untill October/november. It will be a much smaller spread but the quality will be really nice.

Jeff Given

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.