e-call opinions

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

e-call opinions

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 am

hey guys, been a long time since i've been on here. but just kicking around some ideas on what to do with my electronic call. im the kind of guy that always has to change something, especially when it comes to snow geese. what i have is a sony x-plod deck hooked into an American Acousitcs(i think) amp with 4 Pyle outdoor horn speakers off of it(amp) and 4 more running off of the deck itself. They are loud speakers, but sound quality suffers sometimes when i have the call ripping. thinking of switching out speakers. maybe upgrade to something a little bigger that can handle the power i am pushing to them. just curious on brands of speakers you guys run. also, how many of you run speakers off of an amp? more or less, my question is, what kind of speakers would you guys recommend for good sound quality and still have the volume to pull those mile high migrator flocks?

thanks, ILgoose
I don't want it, i just need it. To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Re: e-call opinions

Postby Goosedown#1 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:35 am

I have the cd deck as well with four speakers running off of it. No amp. I think they are 50 watt speakers. I usually run my volume between 26 and 33. I run mine very low because I don't have the ecaller beside me to turn it down when the birds get closer. Works great for me.

Don't put to much thought in to it because on multiple occasions when we aren't in the spread the birds will circle all the way to within 10 yards and we don't even have the caller on.
Goosedown#1
DHC Sponsor

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:20 pm

i usually have mine in the pit or by the blind so i can control the volume. like i said the speakers i have can get loud, i just lose a little quality. maybe messing with settings on the amp would help. i just hate electronics. lol
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:02 pm

ILgoosehunter12 wrote:i usually have mine in the pit or by the blind so i can control the volume. like i said the speakers i have can get loud, i just lose a little quality. maybe messing with settings on the amp would help. i just hate electronics. lol

Are you using a big battery to supply plenty of power? Our set up won't work or sound right with a small battery like for a lawn mower. So we use a big battery and all is well even at the loudest of settings :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
ILgoosehunter12 wrote:i usually have mine in the pit or by the blind so i can control the volume. like i said the speakers i have can get loud, i just lose a little quality. maybe messing with settings on the amp would help. i just hate electronics. lol

Are you using a big battery to supply plenty of power? Our set up won't work or sound right with a small battery like for a lawn mower. So we use a big battery and all is well even at the loudest of settings :thumbsup:

yep. i run mine off a car battery. if i use lawn mower battery i dont get much battery life.
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:51 am

Car battery for an e-caller? I can run my 4 speaker units all day on a 8ah sealed battery. Gone are the days of the big boomers. Multiple units throughout the spread mostly on low volume are the ticket.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:00 pm

tornadochaser wrote:Car battery for an e-caller? I can run my 4 speaker units all day on a 8ah sealed battery. Gone are the days of the big boomers. Multiple units throughout the spread mostly on low volume are the ticket.

not to sound like the almighty snow goose God, but i dont think there is a "ticket" on snow geese. lol. but yes, i ran my calls of car battery. some days on volume 10, other days have the volume cranked to MAX.
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Postby dysco » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:11 pm

ILgoosehunter12 wrote:some days on volume 10, other days have the volume cranked to MAX.

Like, 11?
dysco
hunter

Postby SDduckhunter23 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:37 pm

How did u guys make urs? I have 3 speakers and I pod but I have no idea how to wire them togather. If u have done it please pm me some instructions!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carter Klatt

As you get older, and hunting time is more available to you, it can get easy to go back to a honey hole too often. Next thing you know, it's not so much honey and more of a hole.
SDduckhunter23
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:55 pm

tornadochaser
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:56 pm

One of many threads on various forums for building a e-caller. Carter, I live in Sioux falls if you ever want to see a couple different types of builds.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby SDduckhunter23 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:04 pm

tornadochaser wrote:One of many threads on various forums for building a e-caller. Carter, I live in Sioux falls if you ever want to see a couple different types of builds.

I would love that! Thanks tornadochaser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carter Klatt

As you get older, and hunting time is more available to you, it can get easy to go back to a honey hole too often. Next thing you know, it's not so much honey and more of a hole.
SDduckhunter23
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum