Duck Hunting Forum banner

Snow spreads on a budget

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mnwaterfowler98 
#1 ·
I am looking to get more into snow goose hunting in western MN and SD. I've hunted them a bit but am now looking to start small, on my own and try for some "white ones". Anyone have advice for what I need or should have In a spread that I'm hoping to keep under $1000?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
First thing to consider is decoy storage and transportation. And the size of your everyday hunting party. If getting the dekes in and out of the field isnt a problem no matter the conditions, i would prefer $1000 worth of full bodies over $1000 worth of windsocks. But if you mainly by yourself, cant drive in the field, windsocks are much easier to handle and they will kill geese. Just remember there are several factors to consider, snowgoose hunting will turn into a very major committment fast if you get at all serious about it. Good luck! :beer:

#3 ·
neon58 said:
First thing to consider is decoy storage and transportation. And the size of your everyday hunting party. If getting the dekes in and out of the field isnt a problem no matter the conditions, i would prefer $1000 worth of full bodies over $1000 worth of windsocks. But if you mainly by yourself, cant drive in the field, windsocks are much easier to handle and they will kill geese. Just remember there are several factors to consider, snowgoose hunting will turn into a very major committment fast if you get at all serious about it. Good luck! :beer:
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.