You might be a bad snow goose hunter if.....

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Postby whitefeather » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:57 pm

We did this in the honey hole and snow goose hunting has it's own pet pieves that irk us all to death. Have you ever hunted with a complete idiot?

5. You continuously think that the 85 yard shot is definetly in range even though you have not scratched a bird at that distance 10 times.

4. You seem to think that you can yell because they cannot hear you over the caller when they are 60 yards and closing.

3. You move around a ton when the geese are 60 yards away because they will never see you in your white snow suit.

2. You keep leaving your decoys because you have not seen a bird in the last half hour and always want to go jump a pond.

1. You keep diving for your layout blind because of approaching geese even though you do not have 1/1000th of your spread out and you have 3 trucks parked right next to your layout blind.
whitefeather
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:13 pm

You keep asking "where are they, I still don't see them" and they are right in shotgun range right in front of you.
You just blow into a snow goose call trying to sound like a 1000 geese even though you sound like a dying goose.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby whitefeather » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:35 pm

Mallard Hunter wrote:

You keep asking "where are they, I still don't see them" and they are right in shotgun range right in front of you.

I once took a "newbee" snowgoose hunting for his first time during the spring snow and blue season. We had 10 snows and blues coming right in and I said, "right in front, get ready, TAKE EM!!!" Myself and two others jumped up and killed 5, the new guy, I noticed, was shooting straight up in the air instead of in front :umm: . I looked up to see him shooting at a bunch of specks about 110 yds up. He looks at me and says, " I can't believe how you guys hunt. That is unethical to take birds that far away. We call that skybusting where I come from."
I said, "That's called skybusting and illegal where I come from. Now, go and pick up the 5 dead ones we were shooting at. :hammering: "
He felt kind of silly after that. The other two guys and I still laugh at that today. It always gets brought up every spring. :salude:
whitefeather
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum