First goose call!

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

First goose call!

Postby Captain16 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:55 pm

Hello everyone, just went out today and bought my first Goose call. From everything I have been hearing on here and reading I decided to choose on Gardners Hammer II. I have been trying it and good lord, I think every goose in a 10 mile radius would be flying for their lives! :thumbsdown: I just wondered what videos or any other helpful aids that might help me more then the instructions that came with it? I know only time and practice will help me out, just wondered if their was anything else I could do to help myself to the new world of goose hunting and calling? Thanks again everyone and all of their help on these boards! :salude:
Captain16
hunter

Postby vah2ofowler22 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:04 pm

practice everyday in the car. on the way to work, school, church ect. everywhere.

Good luck
vah2ofowler22
hunter

Postby Oregon Honker » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:51 pm

HS has a pretty good dvd with barney calef & j.r. keller
I've also heard ZINK CALLS has one that is good to
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby CMAN » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:52 am

I would recomend honker talk by shaun stahl I got it when i got my custom call and it is amazing how much one can learn by watching it and practicing right along with it
TAKE EM BOYS
Waterfowling is a disease the only difference is we want this one passed on!!
CMAN
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:34 am

vah2ofowler22 wrote:practice everyday in the car. on the way to work, school, church ect. everywhere.

Good luck

once you know what sounds you want to try and make :withstupid: will work wonders.... you will be a better caller week by week :thumbsup:
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby doane25 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:22 am

sorry i wasn't there captain, i would have talked you into the zink SR-1. with the purchase of that call you get a free video. i think its the best help out there. RNT and Foiles alos have some pretty good cd's.
doane25
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum