James Meyers CC

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

James Meyers CC

Postby bassassassin49 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm thinking about getting a speck call from Mr. Meyers but was looking for a little more info. On his website the only way to contact him is to call and im in Afghanistan. So i thought i'd try to find out the price range here because the internet is more accessible than phones are. So how much are his speck calls running?
bassassassin49
hunter

Re: James Meyers CC

Postby Rick Hall » Wed May 19, 2010 3:47 am

James is a friend who's guided with us, so I'm embarrassed not to know what his calls run. But if no one else has your answer I'll give him a call and ask. Can tell you they sound good, and when we spoke a few weeks ago he was three kinds of fired up about the new guts they've come up with.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby laughing mallard » Mon May 31, 2010 10:39 pm

James makes a very nice spec call. I have one of his new designs and it is very easy to run, it takes very little back pressure. It has good range from high pitched yodels to deep scratchy clucks. His new design runs equally well with two hands or one.
laughing mallard
hunter

Postby lsutiger88m » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:15 am

His call runs about $120 and comes with a CD to show you how to blow it. I bought mine last year, met him half way and he sat with me for over two hours and would not let me leave until it sounded perfect. Started hunting specs during the second split after my purchase and had no problem gettin 2-4 birds a hunt and it was my first year ever hunting specs. All that said you will not go wrong in buying this call.
lsutiger88m
hunter

Postby Fowl-Attitude » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:18 pm

NIce calls fit me really good the insert reminds me of my GVCC short reeds. I think you like them, do not see many complaints anywhere.
Callum Close .... then CRUSHUM!!!!
Fowl-Attitude
hunter

Postby bassassassin49 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:18 am

It turned out that i live right by him so my dad went and picked it up from him and sent it out to me. Im still trying to learn it but am starting to get the hang of it and it sounds really good. Easy to pick up on and run. Thanks for the responses guys, and thanks to Rick for getting me in touch with James.
bassassassin49
hunter

Postby Russian hunter » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi guys! Tell me where you can buy a calls James Meyers?? :help:
Do not tell the wives to whom we are hunting!
Russian hunter
hunter

Postby anatidaephobic » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:37 pm

ricelandcustomcalls.com Mr. Daniels quoted me $150 for an acrylic speck call a couple weeks back.
anatidaephobic
hunter

Postby Russian hunter » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:46 am

What are some online stores selling goose calls James Meyers??
Russian hunter
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:02 am

Pretty sure the only way to get them is through the Riceland web site or shop. Know other folks from your country have been buying them, but don't know the process. Here's a direct link to the contact information on their site: http://www.ricelandcustomcalls.com/Contact_Us.php I believe they have sold them in quantity to a Russian or two, so they may be able to put you in contact with someone who is marketing them closer to you.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Russian hunter » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:03 am

The guys he works with the Russian dealers, but our dealers are very high prices for gaming calls! Do not tell me any more online shops engaged in selling game calls?
Russian hunter
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:26 am

Why not just call or e-mail James or Bill and see what they can do for you? You'll find they're very nice fellows and anxious to do what they can for you.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby G K Chambers » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:28 am

Last Saturday James told me he was selling beaux coup calls to the Russians and was trying to swing a hunt over there.

Email him Russian Hunter....whatever the drill is to get calls from Sulphur to there he knows it.
"I stay out of the dog forum because I know more about dogs than ANYBODY HERE and its not worth putting up with guys like you."
Don Taylor
G K Chambers
hunter

Postby Russian hunter » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:01 am

Rick Hall

I wrote him an e-mail, he gave me a link to the online store and dealer in Russia! He is more no one wants to work in Russia but as a dealer! I he was offered to expand the sales network in Russia so far is silent does not meet .......
Russian hunter
hunter

Postby G K Chambers » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:29 am

There are some Meyers/Riceland Speck Calls on ebay right now and the Seller advertises they will ship to Europe.

I believe you will see James's calls in catalogs in the future. This past weekend I saw Riceland calls packaged in clamshells for the first time. My sense is they want to gear up and be comfortable with increasing their production before going catalogs.
"I stay out of the dog forum because I know more about dogs than ANYBODY HERE and its not worth putting up with guys like you."
Don Taylor
G K Chambers
hunter

Postby Russian hunter » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:34 am

G K Chambers
Our hunting season begins and I want to be ready! I want to find good very good calls on duck and goose!
Russian hunter
hunter

Postby zach badon » Thu May 31, 2012 5:01 pm

can someone please tell me how to get a james meyer speck call
2012-2013 totals: 49 Bluewings 2 Greenwings
zach badon
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Thu May 31, 2012 5:56 pm

Good choice. James is now partnering with Bill Daniels, and the calls are now called "Riceland Custom Calls". Here's the link to James and Bill's phone numbers and e-mail.
Rick Hall
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum