Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Postby chrispbrown27 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:19 pm

Anyone used a Munter Grounds 007? I tried one out today and love the sound of it and it's easy to blow. The only complaint I have is that it's a bit quiet. Another complaint is the $110 it costs. I told myself I'd never drop that much money on a call, but man I love that call.
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:29 pm

ive tired it out a couple of times and didnt find it that great or worth that kind of money
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:58 pm

Well, I loved that call and couldn't resist. I am now the proud owner of a $110 piece of plastic. So far the geese haven't realized I have upgraded, so I can't say it did much good this morning. But I have faith that once they realize I spent 100 bucks on this call they will feel sorry for me and come a bit closer. LOL
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:12 pm

Don't take this the wrong way but it's not the call it's the caller.In the right hands about any call can be deadly and in the wrong hands the "best" call will do nothing.I personally am a strait meat man, the geese round here can't get enough of it
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:37 am

I completely agree. I was poking fun at the guys that seem to think you can't call geese unless you own the most expensive calls and decoys. I tried out the SMH before I bought the 007 and after hearing all the hype about it I wasn't impressed. It was easy to blow but something about the tone I just didn't like, but to each his own. The store had a couple of meat cutters, but the guts had been stolen so I couldn't give them a try. I'm interested to see if they are as versitile as a short reed and easy to use like a flute.
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:58 am

Never blown the Strait Meat. I have blown the Hunter G, its alright. My favorite are those poly-carbs. grounds has mine right now, and after he tunes it, its gonna be sweet. That is pretty true with all calls. if it is tuned the way you like it. Usually the calls you get in the stores are just slapped together real quick.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum