goozilla for 13 bucks...

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

goozilla for 13 bucks...

Postby jjohnson_714 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:21 pm

hey walmart is having a closeout on goozilla calls for 13 bucks... never called a goose in my life, but i thought for 13 bucks i might as well give it a shot... any tips on how to use the thing would be appreciated... i can get a goose sound from it, but it seems a little high pitched... i dunno...
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby Humboldt Scaup » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:07 pm

I picked that call up the other day just for the hell of it. Its descent for a low end call. Definitely better than a lot of the cheap calls. Basically it has the same guts of their expensive RNT calls but it takes more air for me. Its an excellent call for you to start out on. To get some good goose sounds out of it try giving it some backpressure by cupping your left hand underneath your right hand which is holding onto the barrel. Have the open end of the cup towards your left ear. Then with some air say GoooIT. The goo part will give you the nice honk part and when you say IT, that is the part where the call breaks. There is a point where the goose call breaks to the high end and you will need to know where that point is. It will be the difference of having a clean sounding goose and one that is getting its neck wrung. This should give you some good clucks. When you get better you can change the sound direction by changing directions of the open end of the cup. This should be enough to keep you busy for awhile.
The ducks are right there. Where? Right there. Where? OHHHH they're right there.

I think the ducks will be better off flying straight.
Humboldt Scaup
hunter

Postby tealslayerblw » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:20 pm

auctually, when i started calling the basic thing I used, and still use to some degree today is by saying to-it, with a little whip on your tounge at the end of the "it"
tealslayerblw
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum