looking to add another call to the collection

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

looking to add another call to the collection

Postby ILWaterfowler » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:45 pm

I am wanting to mix things up a little bit with goose sounds and am pretty much set on picking up one of two sounds, I am just looking for anyone that has any experience. I am set on either picking up a Power Maximus or a Power Clucker. What I am looking for is a lower pitch call (for some reason, the Canada Hammer that I have just doesn't seem as deep as I would like). I am also looking for something versatile. From what I understand, the Power Maximus is the call I am looking for, but I am looking for some opinions. Both of these calls that I am considering are poly calls.
ILWaterfowler
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:50 am

i would pick up a would call in the sr-1 the power clucker is an ok call in acrylic and wood and i think the poly carb wouldnt help it. and i have one of those poly power max that i got with a finisher and i dont ever use it
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby NickCies80 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:20 pm

I have a Power Clucker, but it is Cocabola. It gets pretty low, and has a pretty good range. I dont know what others think but I think you get a more mellow and lower sound out of wood calls as compared to any other materials. My bro has an Sr-1 and it sounds great down low(cocabola) as compared to my old mans which is acrylic. Just my two cents if you are looking for a deeper sound.
NickCies80
State Moderator

Postby ILWaterfowler » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:16 pm

I realize this topic is about a month old, but I thought I'd continue on it, rather than start a new one. Are there any opinions of a call such as a Winglock Long neck in delrin or in wood? From what I hear, it is a nice deep call and it is pretty reasonably priced too, I feel. I think they even offer the call in some woods as well.
ILWaterfowler
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:47 pm

I haven't heard the other calls on this list. I do have a Winglock longneck in hedge. I posted somewhere on the forum I appear to be alergic to the wood. It is a great call and I like the sound of it. Its deeper than my Hayes acrylic by far. But I still have my Sean Mann flute that is much deeper, that I will be dragging around for a long time from now.

I bet if you call or email Winglock, Rick would help you out. I have had several emails with him about duck calls in the past month. Seems to be a great guy and I bet he would help you out.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:08 pm

Power Clucker.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby quackerkiller » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:22 pm

get a lynch mob, goose noose or Executioner :thumbsup:
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby plainsman » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 pm

ILWaterfowler wrote: Are there any opinions of a call such as a Winglock Long neck in delrin or in wood? From what I hear, it is a nice deep call and it is pretty reasonably priced too, I feel. I think they even offer the call in some woods as well.

Thats the way I'd go.I thought the original delrin is deep, but have been told that the longneck versions are deeper and louder than the originals.
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum