whats your best call ever??

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Re: whats your best call ever??

Postby BigAL64 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:47 pm

I really like my BGB Fat Boy!!
BigAL64
hunter

Postby Marcus Riley » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Gander Valley Calls ~ TripleX ( XXX) has become my go to call over the season so far. It has everything the PCS offers but a bit higher pitched and just as much bottom end ..maybe more! Call fits my hands perfect and the more I had it the more i used it is really a fun call to run and hunt with.
Teach your children to hunt.... and you won't have to hunt for your children.
Marcus Riley
hunter

Postby Bgold » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:48 pm

I’m really liking my BSOD
Foamy Log Blind@ ProStaff
"Why sport an Oak when you can float a Log"

Retrieves by Gunner: 23
Bgold
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:21 pm

GK Canuck and Hayes Bad Azz goose with E3 edge guts.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:33 am

WingLock:

Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby j-gens » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:27 am

i love my grounds triple crown... i'm first year solo goose hunter and have called plenty of geese into my spread with this call while in pressured public areas. got the call 3 weeks into the season 1st time out with it called 70+ geese split into multiple flocks at separate times moving west to east over the lake down south from it around 1000 yds away to take a look at my spread that had no goose decoys got three to break off and try to commit to my duck spread and took one out of that group... that first day sold me that this call had great sound even though i didn't know what H i was doing with it yet, it has just gotten better from there...
j-gens
hunter

Postby dablaw » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:54 am

God I feel like an old fart reading all this..I only know of a couple of the calls your referring to..Was glad to see someone post up an old Olt..lol..I don't even know how to speak all your guy's language, but i can speak a goose language with my Knight and Hale tube call...I know most of you don't even know what that is probably...
I'm an old fart , but young at heart...Been there,done that, wrote the freakin book...When i die I hope it's at sunrise, with a gun in my hand, and the sound of wings overhead...
dablaw
hunter

Postby Rockboy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Hey Dablaw, I still have an old K & H tube call in my old box of calls. That bad boy was pure goose for sure but just was not favorite to keep maintained (hard on calls) and I have a mint Olt A-50 as well. The A-50 started it all with calls that could truly pull em from the skies and be altered and tuned.
For now my favorite call is a custom southern IL Mike Keller Cocobola Flute but looking to retire it and just go short reeds all the way in 12'.
If anyone knows of Mike's where abouts I would appreciate it. He made a great call and was a standup guy back in about 91'
Layout boats and blinds are pure death from below to the mallet's but leaning on a tree is the best deal in the woods!
Rockboy
hunter

Postby Rockboy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:36 pm

Sorry guys, Meant to be looking for Mike Weller from southern IL. Not Mike Keller RIP.
Layout boats and blinds are pure death from below to the mallet's but leaning on a tree is the best deal in the woods!
Rockboy
hunter

Previous

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum