Big River goose calls.

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Big River goose calls.

Postby cletus » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:22 am

Girlfriend just bought me a goose call out of no where. I had been aquiring a flute for some time now as I am tired of my other one getting wet and cold from blowing and failing to work. She bought me a Big River goose flute. I think it is the final flight version, (its at my place right now and cant think of the name of it, and wont be there for a week). It comes with an instruction tape. Anybody use these or have heard on how they perform. A buddy of mine has one and his is a little different, his looks the same on both ends, where as mine is a wee bit shorter and kind of an outwards flare on the other end. He believes he paid over 60 dollars years ago, and she purchased mine for about 30 bucks.
cletus
hunter

Postby kansaswingnut » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:16 am

If your buddy paid 60 bocks he got ripped off. The one he has is the Big River goose flute. In my opinion it is the best flute call for the money. I've had Sean Mann's, Foiles Meatcutter, and a host of others. I've killed hundreds of geese with my big river. I've had it 20 years. Like any call it takes practice, practice, practice.
New birds make us all better hunters...eh.
kansaswingnut
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:01 pm

I have to go with wingnut on this one.....have ALWAYS had a Big River on my lanyard.....in fact, I tried the Final Flight last year and it is my current choice along with a Scobey.....actually seems a bit easier to blow than the flute I have been using for about 20 years and uses less back-pressure.....a bit different tone too. I think it went for $36 through Cabelas.

The only call I do not like from Big River is their short version of the flute....i think it is called a Terminator......originally made to have a different tone from the flute....needs too much back pressure and i would have to practice alot with it to make it perform correctly....so it is in a drawer in like new condition.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum