hayes bad azz goose call

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

hayes bad azz goose call

Postby fowlweather92 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Hey everyone,
About three weeks ago i bought a hayes call bad azz goose. after looking at it for awhile i relized how close the similarities in the inserts between the bad azz goose and a buck gardner canada hammer II. I sent an email to bob hayes asking about it with no anwser back. they are exactly the same size and have the same markings on the inserts. I also know that there are green canada hammer II... :rolleyes: They sound almost the same too. the only difference is the barrel diameters and volume size. If anyone knows anything about this "bad azz call" just post something because it truly bothers me. If that is the case i will send it right back and find a different call. Thanks everyone. :smile:
This whole school thing makes duck hunting a little harder...
fowlweather92
hunter

Re: hayes bad azz goose call

Postby mgerlach » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:04 pm

there are alot of goose calls from different companies that use the same guts.if the call sounds good and u like it then then keep it. if not, send it back.
mgerlach
hunter

Postby tripleb » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:30 am

mgerlach wrote:there are alot of goose calls from different companies that use the same guts.if the call sounds good and u like it then then keep it. if not, send it back.

Yes, there are relatively few custom call makers who make their own guts. They choose from a variety that are offered to the public, selecting those which the call maker feels is the most suitable for his call design and/or his targeted market. You can do that do. I didn't have the original factory guts in any of the, roughly, 13 that I owned. I picked from a number of call gut suppliers to find those which fit my call ...... and me, the best. And, they are not all the same. I have Saunders, KOD, WEBFoot, Edge, and X factor guts in the calls, with various reeds.

Short reed goose call guts are pretty cheap ($4 to $8 a set) unless they're broken in. If you like how the call sounds and runs for you, keep it. If you are less than satisfied, you might want to learn how to tune a short reed call and try some different call guts. If you can set the gap and change spark plugs, you can tune a short reed goose call. It's not rocket science.

Wade Walling has a very good "sticky" thread on the calling forum of the Fuge on tuning a short reed goose call. You may need to be a member to view the pics. though.
tripleb
hunter

Postby fowlweather92 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:18 pm

Thanks guys, that's helpful info you posted. I called to two flocks with it on Saturday and both seemed to like it and circle a few times. Then flew off. Even though they probably are the same guts and such they do sound different. I will admit , i do not know alot about calls but i guess you learn something every day . Thanks! :biggrin:
fowlweather92
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:07 pm

what do you think about the call? i have one but havent really played with it that much.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby fowlweather92 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:12 pm

its a nice call i think especially if you dont want to break bank. i was unsure at first but since i have hunted a little( i dont have enough time) with it and have practiced with it . i think its worth the money.
fowlweather92
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:49 pm

I dont own one, but i did try there bad azz duck call and i liked it. Probably gonna go back and pick it up. It seams like they make a nice call.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum