cajun call company

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

cajun call company

Postby vacuum6 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:17 am

anybody know anything about the cajun call company in louisiana. i just picked up a threesome of calls on ebay. i was only interested in the diver duck call but will be getting a cajun goose call as a throw in. i cannot find any web sites or much info on this company. i have not received them yet so i don't have a model number.
vacuum6
hunter

Re: Cajun calls

Postby duckshack » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:34 am

You may be referring to the Chien Caille Call Co. of Gueydan, La.
Address --- 28212 Min's Road, Gueydan, La., 70542
Ph. 337-536-6602 or 337-536-9852 Great folks to do business with. I just ordered a spec call.
Club - Butte Sink
Duck call- Cecil
Welborne.
Goose calls - Winglock Whisperer, Chien Caille
duckshack
Newb

Postby vacuum6 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:40 am

my call book shows Cajun Call company in Lake Charles around 1944. started by a guy named Allen J. Airhart. that is all the info i could dig up. i don't know if they are still in business or anything about their calls...i am sure somebody in louisiana will have some info ???
vacuum6
hunter

cajum goose call

Postby warmH2Oslough » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:46 pm

the call you have id probably the G-202 From cajun-- it is nit a chein caille call. i also have not found any info on the call on-line. a buddy of mine --who is a big P.S olt fan about freaked when i showed it to him , so if that means anything? :salude: congrats on a cool old call.
warmH2Oslough
hunter

Postby LA.Call'emClose » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:08 pm

But the Chein Caille calls are some of the best on the market. I live near Gueydan and went to see the man who makes the calls . Bought a call for $40 bucks and if i feel like gettin better just go over to see him and talk goose hunting and practice calling. Best Speck calls on the market in my opinion.
• I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.- Franklin D. Roosevelt
• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.- The Duke
LA.Call'emClose
hunter

Postby vacuum6 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:27 am

i did receive the call yesterday. it is cedar wood for certain....very very light weight!! it does not have any model number. it says Cajun Goose, Lake Charles, La. it has black paint on the end of both the tonal plug and the barrel. it sounds great !!! it was a throw in with the Olt K-11 diver call that i was after. i have been using those k-11 calls since the 1960's and just wanted a back up in case i lost my hunting call. the cajun call is a little worn cosmetically, but the internals look perfect. i am going to use the thing. does the model number you think it is have that black paint ??
vacuum6
hunter

Postby warmH2Oslough » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:44 am

the g-202 is written in black. the lettering must wear off pretty easily. i was able to read it under a magnifying glass on my call. you are right the call is very light and blows incredibly easily.
warmH2Oslough
hunter

Postby vacuum6 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:30 am

i am trying to post a picture....i can get the picture to a file on my computer. after that, i click on "copy" then go to "post reply" and try to paste it in here.. that is not working. any thoughts?
vacuum6
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum