Any Lynch Mob fans?

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Any Lynch Mob fans?

Postby Blackfoot down » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:36 am

Heading to Roger's outside of Kansas City next week and I am looking for a new call like a crack addict looking for rocks! Thinking about a few of the Lynch Mob calls or Field Proven. They are both on sale. I will blow them all, but I was wondering how other guys have done with them. How well are they holding up after a year or two of abuse? What guts are you all blowing in them? How is their customer support? Do they keep the high end for hunting? Deep calls are great for people to listen to, but we get mostly lesser's here. They respond better to higher pitched calls...

Thanks...
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Re: Any Lynch Mob fans?

Postby Huntfish12 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:00 am

i own an acrylic slipnot and i dont have anything bad to say about it. Whoever had it before me shaved the reed WAY down or had it shaved so its pretty light to run. its got what i believe are considered the older light blue guts in them. I love the way it gets down low, but i dosent have the speed and control that i might need at a moments notice. i wanna get a new reed for sure, and mabye a different set of guts to try out. Was on LM's web site recently, and it looks liek that got a few new calls there commin out with. Id like to get a sound file on em, and hear some reviews.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby tripleb » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:04 pm

Huntfish12 wrote:i own an acrylic slipnot and i dont have anything bad to say about it. Whoever had it before me shaved the reed WAY down or had it shaved so its pretty light to run. its got what i believe are considered the older light blue guts in them. I love the way it gets down low, but i dosent have the speed and control that i might need at a moments notice. i wanna get a new reed for sure, and mabye a different set of guts to try out. Was on LM's web site recently, and it looks liek that got a few new calls there commin out with. Id like to get a sound file on em, and hear some reviews.

It looks like Lynch may have bought out JBC and is going to produce their call models. I've never tried either, but heard good things about them.
tripleb
hunter

Postby WI River Widow Maker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:36 pm

I have the Reaper and I love it! I have tried several calls that were more expensive and others that were less. I have not found a call that is better, just a few that were equal. It is nice and small and very easy to use. Awesome clucks! I have now stopped searching for goose calls. Do like I did and check out some other resources and reviews on lynch mob calls. Just google it. You will be happy what you hear.
WI River Widow Maker
hunter

Postby Blackfoot down » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:06 am

Update:
I tried every call at Cabela's! The poor kid was stuck at the cabinet for an hour! I ended up with a reaper. I was also extremely impressed with the Crazy Train. I didn't blow any of the Zink calls. They are just a little high priced, but my old go to is still my PC-1. After getting home, I really worked and work the Reaper. It has X Factor guts and I think the read was shaved too much for my preference. I ended up taking it apart and my old PC-1. I swapped the guts and holy crap! The Reaper rocks hard and fast! I usually olny shave the tip of my reed. Maybe I am just used to it that way. I think after the season, I will get hold of Lynch Mob and try the different guts. I saw that they have a Stage Reaper with different guts, but they didn't have it at Cabella's. They did have the new Law Maker, but I thought it took a ton of air to break it.
Overall, I like the Reaper, but I think it is just shaved a little too far back. It sounds fair in the Old PC-1, but after dropping $120 buck, I want to use it! If my wife hadn't been with me I probably would have blow the Ground's and Zink's, but she already freaked on the price tags!!!
Anyone else tried swapping gut between calls?
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Postby 23yearsago » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:15 am

Swapping guts between calls ?? :lol3: :lol3: I swap whatever parts will swap, barrels, inserts, if they fit they get tried.
I normally shave(sand) my reeds back to the wedge, but I'll have to give your way a try.
23yearsago
hunter

Postby mojo coot » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:26 pm

Call George or adam let them know what you like and they will work with you they are some great guys
mojo coot
hunter

Postby R. Toker » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:28 pm

I just ordered a maple Slipknot from Lynch Mob. I currently run Gander Valley acrylics. I'll let you all know how it works out.
Lynch Mob Calls
Gander Valley Custom Calls
Beretta AL 391 Urika2 28"
Carlson's LM Choke
Kent Fasteel
Beretta SV10 Prevail III 32"
WATERFOWL AND SPORTING CLAYS!!!
R. Toker
hunter

Postby Blackfoot down » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:06 pm

Update. Called Adam and he was one helluva nice guy. He went to college about 20 miles from where I live in Missouri! I don't know who talked who's ear off but I'd bet we were on the phone half an hour. Sent the call in to have him doctor it up a touch! Waiting on the mail now. Customer satisfaction!!! I'll update when I get the call back...
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Postby R. Toker » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:25 pm

I ordered a Slipknot in maple from the Lynch Mob website on Nov. 23rd. I've sent two e-mails since and have not had a reply and no goose call has been sent to me. :huh:
Lynch Mob Calls
Carlson's LM Choke
Kent Fasteel
R. Toker
hunter

Postby R. Toker » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:14 pm

Thanks to the help of another member I was contacted by George Lynch and was told my order got lost in the shuffle. George has sent the slipknot on the way and should be here any day now. Can't wait!!!!
Lynch Mob Calls
Carlson's LM Choke
Kent Fasteel
R. Toker
hunter

Postby Blackfoot down » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Final update: Got my call back. I love the new sound. I had Adam take the buzz out and drop the tone a hair. Very little backpressure is needed. I will have to work at it a little since each call has it's own sweet spot to make it talk right. Overall, it was worth the money. It is solid and quick, but it will take a little getting used to.
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Postby R. Toker » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 pm

UPDATE:

I received my maple Slipknot and have been using it the last few weeks. It is one awesome call!! Very little air to run and is very responsive. I'm very happy.
Lynch Mob Calls
Carlson's LM Choke
Kent Fasteel
R. Toker
hunter

Postby mojo coot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:25 pm

They are great guys and they make a great call