Spit/Quick Spit

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Spit/Quick Spit

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:32 am

Can someone help me with a Spit Note and Quick Spit? I have watched all videos out there and I'm really frustrated! Thanks in advance!!
Ben
mayhem96
hunter

Re: Spit/Quick Spit

Postby Fowl-Attitude » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:30 am

If you have watched all the videos on you tube and the dvds and still do not get it, it may be how your call is tuned. This note once you get it is very simple and easy to do. But it is a sort of a strange air presentation to some. I think that if you try to use a 2 note method (Taa -huuh) or what ever some may say. Think of it like a real high pitched, shortened double cluck. The first note softer but still fast ~ the second little burst will be faster air with more power still a shorter note. I hope this may help out. I also would consider a stiffer set up and or a hook on the tip of your reed. These can help with notes like the spit and train.
Callum Close .... then CRUSHUM!!!!
Fowl-Attitude
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Be sure to keep your tongue firmly in place at the top of your mouth. Build that pressure then release the air as you drop your tongue slightly as you push it forward. For the spit note you prolong the time your tong is down and out. Quick spit you perform the same way except instead of a long drawn out note you cut it off well before hand. This sound takes crisp air and good tongue control to control the air in the right manner. A word relations of "Too it" is a way to achieve it so to speak.
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Trever Shannahan has a great vid. on YouTube on the spit note, quick spit and others. these helped me out allot. if you can't get it from these vid's then your call is most likely not tuned correctly.
BigAL64
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum