calling over water

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

calling over water

Postby Driven51387 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:18 pm

OoHow di you guys vary your calling sequences over water. Im starting to break into hunting over water and I feel like im not being as effective with.some of the tactics I use when hunting geese in fields. Let me know what has worked best in your experience.
Driven51387
hunter

Re: calling over water

Postby goosehunter64 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:49 am

Like with geese at over fields..and at a distance I call the same...as they get closer I get excited, but as they get right over the water or close to the decoys it's clucks, moans, sometimes rapid clucks sometimes double clucks in short bursts....but not loud.
As they leave the decoys...I pour it on...but that doesn't work all the time either...but enough the use it often.
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Lot less calling then in the field. Soft clucks and honks. I usually just use steady honks and that brings em' right in!!
Ben
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Less calling, no fancy stuff and try to strike up a conversation with the goose that is talking to you. We kill a lot of geese over water with what we call a water call, it is like nothing you will hear from a person. It sounds like ......... and is made on a ........call. Listen to the goose that is talking, he will fill in the blanks for you :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Driven51387 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:54 pm

thanks guys
Driven51387
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum