Zink's acrylic Power Max or Paralyzer?

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Zink's acrylic Power Max or Paralyzer?

Postby psuHonker » Thu May 11, 2006 6:03 pm

I'm thinking about buying one of these calls, but can't decide on which. I know the Power Max is loud, but how are the lows on this call? From what I heard and read, the Paralyzer is a good all-around call(good highs and lows). When I got to try it at the Harrisburg outdoor show, I wasn't as good at calling as I am now, so I wasn't able to get the feel of each. I don't know if I want a higher volume call or get something that is in between. I've heard the clips on Zink's site for both calls. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
psuHonker
hunter

Postby plainsman » Thu May 11, 2006 10:07 pm

My best advise is to try other calls.There are a ton of options out there.....many are more user-friendly than Zink and sound just as good if not better.
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Fri May 12, 2006 7:32 am

I agree with plainsman, give a couple other calls a try before you buy one. I Have never really liked the feel of there calls, but then some of my buddies that i hunt with love them.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Postby NickCies80 » Sat May 13, 2006 6:37 am

I have multiple Zink calls and they are my favorites out of everything I own. I have Foiles and some of the other big name calls and none of them compare to my Zink calls. You should try other first as those others posts said, You may find that there is something out there that fits you better. My Paralizer is by far my favorite call and it does the job for me.
NickCies80
State Moderator

Postby kms399 » Wed May 31, 2006 2:48 pm

i have the sr-1 and i really took me along time to get used to. im still not sure it is worth the $150 though. i also have a buck gardner canada hammer 2 and like it almost as much. and at $20 it is alot more affordable.
another one bites the dust
kms399
hunter

Postby Randy Loker » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:50 pm

Call me crazy, but I am not a fan of the SR-1 at all. You can listen to people call and you can always tell when someone is using a paralizer. I just don't like its hollow, throaty sound. My brother bought one a couple of years ago and hates it.

I've never tried a Power Maximus, but I do really like the Little Man.
Pile 'em up

Team Michigander 08-09
Geese:288 Bands:5, 1 collar
Ducks:367 Bands:0
Randy Loker
hunter

Postby Andrew ONeill » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:37 pm

It all depends what you want the call for. If you want a loud, more aggressive call, they PM-1 is the way to go. The SR-1 is a little bit softer and you can get pretty low on it.
Andrew ONeill
hunter

Postby mccree79 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:04 pm

[quote="Randy Loker"]just don't like its hollow, throaty sound.

quote]

That is what I like about it.......everyone has there own preference.
mccree79
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:35 pm

Agreed that you should try others as well, but I really do like my SR-1. It may not be the one I use the most, but there are days I never put it down. Nice call IMO.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum