Death Row Calls

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Death Row Calls

Postby Hunter MN » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:49 am

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with the DRC life sentence and short drop. I am thinking about picking these calls up and was curious what you think of them. Thanks in advance!
Hunter MN
hunter

Re: Death Row Calls

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:24 pm

They make great sounding calls, life sentence is their easiest call to blow and it has amazing crack to it.
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby wvugunner92 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:30 pm

I really like the DRC line. Life sentence is by far their best though, they built their other calls off of it, but i like neither as much as the Sentence.
Lock em nd Drop em
wvugunner92
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Just got the SHort Drop a few weeks ago, love it. Responds and feels exactly like the Sentence, just higher pitched and maybe a touch faster.
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:11 am

I just got a short drop a few weeks ago and love it. Smallest call I've ever run, but it packs some power.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby Bull Can » Mon May 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Very quality calls all around. They compliment each other well with the life sentence being deeper and the short drop being high pitched and very fast. The Short drop is deadly in the late season. I've owned both calls for 3 years now and couldn't be happier.
Getcha Some Green
Bull Can
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:50 am

I have two Inmates and I was very disappointed in them. Got them on a very good deal, but have never used them for anything. Very hollow sound, lacks speed, and I didn't like the guts in them. However, these were first run calls.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat May 12, 2012 7:19 pm

DMBgoosehunter13 wrote:I have two Inmates and I was very disappointed in them. Got them on a very good deal, but have never used them for anything. Very hollow sound, lacks speed, and I didn't like the guts in them. However, these were first run calls.

Not trying to say this is untrue as every call is different, but the Inmate is supposed to be their fastest call. I've blown a few, all of them have felt about the same in speed as the LS, but they are way louder. Guts are the same in all of their calls as far as I've seen unless they have changed in the last year.
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:10 am

ericrhaynes wrote:
DMBgoosehunter13 wrote:I have two Inmates and I was very disappointed in them. Got them on a very good deal, but have never used them for anything. Very hollow sound, lacks speed, and I didn't like the guts in them. However, these were first run calls.

Not trying to say this is untrue as every call is different, but the Inmate is supposed to be their fastest call. I've blown a few, all of them have felt about the same in speed as the LS, but they are way louder. Guts are the same in all of their calls as far as I've seen unless they have changed in the last year.

When I say "first run"...they are numbered 00# and the guts are completely different then they use now.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby Bull Can » Wed May 23, 2012 10:28 pm

I actually own a #35 and the red guts are some of the best guts out there once you've ran em for a while. Very fast call but they do run differently than others. I personally love em.
Getcha Some Green
Bull Can
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum