Toxic Duck and Goose Calls

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Toxic Duck and Goose Calls

Postby nhayes » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:57 am

I am thinking about becoming a pro-staffer for these guys and I want to know if there are any other pro-staffers on here that could tell me what they think about being part of Team Toxic.

Thanks guys
nhayes
Newb

Re: Toxic Duck and Goose Calls

Postby BGipson » Mon May 14, 2012 5:44 pm

I stopped by Mike's shop on Friday and spent an hour shootin the breeze with him. Great guy and he helped me out a bunch pickin out a new call and getting it tuned up. I am not nearly in the realm of being "pro staff" material for goose calling so I can't help you there but I'd say he's a great guy and I really hope the business takes off for him like I think it's going to
Every day I try to be the person my dog thinks I am. If I have accomplished this when my time comes, I feel I will have had a pretty good life.

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Tue May 15, 2012 5:32 pm

It will cost you about $300 to be a pro staffer. I was interested in it too but Don't have that kind of coin to throw around.
asmythe32
hunter

Postby Doyle Tobel » Tue May 15, 2012 6:43 pm

I think it is funny how he charges you so much for A POURED call.... not a machined acrylic call like it is positioned. Those poured calls are WAY cheaper to produce. I also do not like the skull and over done art work they use. Not to mention the calls just did not impress me....the guy is great at marketing I will give him that.

You have to pay to be on his staff...? Man that is to funny. :fingerhead:
Doyle Tobel
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Yeah, I emailed them about a year ago. Said you pay $300 and then you get to pick four calls that you want. After that you go to shows and what not and you are required to sell 12 calls a year as a pro staffer.
asmythe32
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:28 am

asmythe32 wrote:Yeah, I emailed them about a year ago. Said you pay $300 and then you get to pick four calls that you want. After that you go to shows and what not and you are required to sell 12 calls a year as a pro staffer.

Wow that is crazy. Pay to be a staffer. However, I agree the calls are too much for being poured. Go with Addiction Calls or C&S Custom Calls for their poured calls. :thumbsup:
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby BGipson » Wed May 16, 2012 7:43 am

My question for you guys is, have you ever actually blown his calls or sat and BS'd with him on the phone and got to know the guy? As for paying to be a pro-staffer, it's not the first time I've heard of this and the fact that you pick out 4-$100 calls doesn't seem like a bad deal for $300 to me. I could care less whether the call is poured or tuned cuz it sounds damn good to me and in the end that's all that really matters with a call that I buy.

The OP asked about being pro-staff, to me he is asking more about the company/people than the product at that point (since he should know the product already).
Every day I try to be the person my dog thinks I am. If I have accomplished this when my time comes, I feel I will have had a pretty good life.

FowlGrunt Field Staff
BGipson
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:51 am

BGipson wrote:My question for you guys is, have you ever actually blown his calls or sat and BS'd with him on the phone and got to know the guy? As for paying to be a pro-staffer, it's not the first time I've heard of this and the fact that you pick out 4-$100 calls doesn't seem like a bad deal for $300 to me. I could care less whether the call is poured or tuned cuz it sounds damn good to me and in the end that's all that really matters with a call that I buy.

The OP asked about being pro-staff, to me he is asking more about the company/people than the product at that point (since he should know the product already).

That's where you go wrong. He charges $100 for the calls. They are cheap to make and worth $50. Hence the reason he used to sell them for $50 on eBay. Like others say he is a genius at marketing, can't bash him for that.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum