Decisions, decisions...

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Re: Decisions, decisions...

Postby tripleb » Wed May 09, 2012 1:33 pm

viskey wrote:I know this wasn't in your first post as far as descisions go but you should give Lynch Mob a try. I have the Lawmaker and the Stranglehold! I love them both! I played around with some others but these sound amazing! George even has a program available where you can try them out so if they aren't a good fit for you, you can send them back. Worth a try! Good luck on the purchase!

That is a good program. Many people just don't know how much differently calls run. That may not make much, if any, difference to a very experienced caller, with a lot of air to push through a call, but for the rest of us, there are some very real differences which can make the rest of us either happy, or unhappy with a particular call model.

Kudos to Mr. Lynch for instituting such a program. :thumbsup:
tripleb
hunter

Postby Fowl-Attitude » Wed May 09, 2012 1:35 pm

Those calls do look sweet!! I like the combo and you can never go wrong with a Ivory duck call in my opinion. Thanks for posting up the picture, I am always on the hunt for a new call, color combo or wood. If mark sent you both set ups definetly try both, I like both set ups for different places we hunt and when I hunt with different guys so we blend better. I think most any call maker now a days will refund the call purchase if your not happy, same as George does. I know Mark offers it, as he offered it to me on my first XXX purchase.
Callum Close .... then CRUSHUM!!!!
Fowl-Attitude
hunter

Postby tripleb » Wed May 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Fowl-Attitude wrote:Those calls do look sweet!! I like the combo and you can never go wrong with a Ivory duck call in my opinion. Thanks for posting up the picture, I am always on the hunt for a new call, color combo or wood. If mark sent you both set ups definetly try both, I like both set ups for different places we hunt and when I hunt with different guys so we blend better. I think most any call maker now a days will refund the call purchase if your not happy, same as George does. I know Mark offers it, as he offered it to me on my first XXX purchase.

That's 'cause he knew you likely wouldn't want to take him up on it. :wink: If you aren't on an oxygen tank as an aid in breathing, you should be able to run the Triple X and make it sound good. :lol3: It's a very nice call.
tripleb
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Fri May 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Still loving the calls! :yes: The more I play with them the more I love them. I don't consider myself much of a duck caller, but I can get multiple ducks out of the Homewrecker already. Not bad for my first single reed. It's sounds so ducky too. I still need to try it as a double, but I really like the single setup.

I almost went with a pink and ivory combo with the calls, to girl it up a little. lol. But glad I stuck with the blue. I asked my husband for a custom lanyard now for Mother's Day. He thinks I have a problem. :no: :lol3:

tripleb - If I ever feel brave enough to start experimenting with different guts, I'll keep that in mind. I have been thinking I need to pick up a cheap call, one I don't mind messing up, and learning how to tune my own call.

viskey - I actually have a Stranglehold. Nice call, but I have to say that the Homewrecker blows it out of the water. I tend to stick the LMC call after some practice, haven't had that problem yet with the new call. I would like to try some of the Lynch Mob goose calls in the future though.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby viskey » Fri May 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Interesting...thanks for the info !!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Richard Visker
Big Al's Decoys Pro-Staff
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Dakota Hunting Retriever Club
SDWA | SDWF | DU
viskey
hunter

Postby Doyle Tobel » Tue May 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Outdoor Gal wrote:Still loving the calls! :yes: The more I play with them the more I love them. I don't consider myself much of a duck caller, but I can get multiple ducks out of the Homewrecker already. Not bad for my first single reed. It's sounds so ducky too. I still need to try it as a double, but I really like the single setup.

I almost went with a pink and ivory combo with the calls, to girl it up a little. lol. But glad I stuck with the blue. I asked my husband for a custom lanyard now for Mother's Day. He thinks I have a problem. :no: :lol3:

tripleb - If I ever feel brave enough to start experimenting with different guts, I'll keep that in mind. I have been thinking I need to pick up a cheap call, one I don't mind messing up, and learning how to tune my own call.

viskey - I actually have a Stranglehold. Nice call, but I have to say that the Homewrecker blows it out of the water. I tend to stick the LMC call after some practice, haven't had that problem yet with the new call. I would like to try some of the Lynch Mob goose calls in the future though.

I to had a stranglehold and it was not even in the same league as the Homewrecker. I was glad they had the send it back plan, just wish it didn't cost my all the shipping fees. But you line and you learn. Sweet calls by the way.
Doyle Tobel
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Well, it looks like I'll be adding another GVCC call to the lanyard. There was a contest for a couple of free calls on the GVCC Facebook page and I was lucky enough to be one of the winners. Don Taylor won the other call. :yes: The contest was for a Triple X, but when I talked to Mark he said suggested a hedge PCS, since I already had the Triple X. Couldn't say no to that! :thumbsup: Can't wait to get the new call. And I can't say enough good things about Mark's customer service! He's been giving me some duck calling tips and we'll be moving to a few tips on goose calling soon. I think the birds are in trouble this fall. lol.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby Doyle Tobel » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:40 am

I seen the contest one day to late, I do n frequent the face book site very often. But I will from now on!! I seen they gave away 2 calls, congrats on the win!! I love the PCS and in Hedge it is one sweet machine. :beer:
Doyle Tobel
hunter

Postby Ryd3r » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:11 am

Outdoor Gal wrote:Got my calls today! :yes: That XXX is a sick little call! :thumbsup: I'm going to have fun with it for sure. And I really like the Homewrecker too. I think I'll play with it as a single for a few days and then try the double-reed setup Mark sent along with it too. I can't wait to do some more practicing with both.

They are pretty little things too! This picture doesn't do them justice. I was almost second-guessing my color choice, but now that I have them in hand, I'm really digging the blue.

:biggrin: Very nice.
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first." - Ernest Hemmingway
Ryd3r
hunter

Postby Ryd3r » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:16 am

Outdoor Gal wrote:Still loving the calls! :yes: The more I play with them the more I love them. I don't consider myself much of a duck caller, but I can get multiple ducks out of the Homewrecker already. Not bad for my first single reed. It's sounds so ducky too. I still need to try it as a double, but I really like the single setup.

Tuning your own call is a pain in the butt but I think its totally worth it than trying to explain to someone how you want your call set up....yeah I want it easy, but not too easy and I want it to sound deep but still can go high...lol Just tore apart my new goose call and put it back together and I was hesitant about the call at first, but once I got it how I wanted it, I love it. Course I think I already found my next replacement...or maybe the fiance is getting a new goose call...and doenst know it yet. :yes:
"When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first." - Ernest Hemmingway
Ryd3r
hunter

Postby blackdog58 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:02 am

Aside from finding some calls that you are realy excited about, you've developed a positive relationship with the call maker. That, is a really good deal.

Good luck.
blackdog58
hunter

Previous

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum