Wood Goose Calls

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Re: Wood Goose Calls

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:49 am

Hey Ben, those x-factors do have a distinct buzz to them at first, but it goes away once the edges get knocked down. However, the barrel design itself lends to being able to achieve buzz clucks easier and makes it easier to keep sound between notes which is what I like to do in contests. Because of it's design it is going to buzz a little more all the time until you figure out how to take the buzz out when you want to.

The Overload was designed off of my way of contest calling and isn't going to fit everybody. Sounds like my Circuit Breaker would have suited you better right now, but if you figure out the Overload I think you will find it has some pretty unique stuff that it can do.

As far as the OP goes, I use all wood calls for the simple fact that I make my own calls and wood is easier to crank out a call for myself. I get the same sound out of wood as I do from acrylic and pretty much the same volume as well. For a hunting call I like to recommend Delrin. It has a good sound and it is tough as nails
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Re: Wood Goose Calls

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:18 am

Trevor Shannahan wrote:Hey Ben, those x-factors do have a distinct buzz to them at first, but it goes away once the edges get knocked down. However, the barrel design itself lends to being able to achieve buzz clucks easier and makes it easier to keep sound between notes which is what I like to do in contests. Because of it's design it is going to buzz a little more all the time until you figure out how to take the buzz out when you want to.

The Overload was designed off of my way of contest calling and isn't going to fit everybody. Sounds like my Circuit Breaker would have suited you better right now, but if you figure out the Overload I think you will find it has some pretty unique stuff that it can do.

As far as the OP goes, I use all wood calls for the simple fact that I make my own calls and wood is easier to crank out a call for myself. I get the same sound out of wood as I do from acrylic and pretty much the same volume as well. For a hunting call I like to recommend Delrin. It has a good sound and it is tough as nails

Yea man, I got it tuned pretty good and have figured my way around it. Can't wait to throw it on the lanyard and smoke some geese with it. I will have to pick up one of your Circuit Breakers soon. Going to have to pick up a Hedge Mayhem from Mark first though. Hope to be in Ohio and I would love to meet face to face. Hope to see you up there.
mayhem96
hunter

Previous

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum