RNT Mongoose

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Re: RNT Mongoose

Postby CutEm214 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Rick Hall wrote:I suspect that since the video addresses the differences, whoever fielded your e-mail thought forwarding its link would answer your questions. Don't know what sort of additional details you expected, but do know Shawn's a good guy who'll probably be happy to answer in greater detail if you contact him personally (shawn@rntcalls.com or by phone) with your specific questions.

Thanks, Rick. I was going to hit him up next to see what I could find out. Please excuse the thread jack, TNAL!
CutEm214
hunter

RNT Mongoose

Postby TNAL45 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:41 pm

CutEm214 wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:I suspect that since the video addresses the differences, whoever fielded your e-mail thought forwarding its link would answer your questions. Don't know what sort of additional details you expected, but do know Shawn's a good guy who'll probably be happy to answer in greater detail if you contact him personally (shawn@rntcalls.com or by phone) with your specific questions.

Thanks, Rick. I was going to hit him up next to see what I could find out. Please excuse the thread jack, TNAL!

No problem at all. Please let me know what you find out.
cannon wrote:Rules, in general, are bad for me. Left to my own resources, I'm a fairly responsible citizen. Once rules are in place, I have an insatiable desire to break them repeatedly. It's a sickness.
TNAL45
hunter

Postby jrode237 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Tipsntails7 wrote:Cutem instead of spending it on rnt go somewhere else, like Trevor said they are duck guys, there are a dozen top of the line goose calls and goose call companies, in my opinion rnt is not one, I have blown the g2 , G3 and the warbird and have not liked any of them. To me there is no depth in the tone, no layers. it sounds like I'm blowing a call not putting feelin into it and expressing emotion. And 160 can go a long way to a great call.

This is exactly what I did. Went the Grounds route instead and not planning on looking back. I'm sure I'll try out the new RNT goose calls at some point but it's gonna take a mighty impressive call to even come close to making the string with a Real Thang and Super Thang side by side.
jrode237
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:02 am

jrode237 wrote:
Tipsntails7 wrote:Cutem instead of spending it on rnt go somewhere else, like Trevor said they are duck guys, there are a dozen top of the line goose calls and goose call companies, in my opinion rnt is not one, I have blown the g2 , G3 and the warbird and have not liked any of them. To me there is no depth in the tone, no layers. it sounds like I'm blowing a call not putting feelin into it and expressing emotion. And 160 can go a long way to a great call.

This is exactly what I did. Went the Grounds route instead and not planning on looking back. I'm sure I'll try out the new RNT goose calls at some point but it's gonna take a mighty impressive call to even come close to making the string with a Real Thang and Super Thang side by side.

I like the Warbird, but it doesn't compare to a Grounds call. My old Hedge Real Thang is the goosiest call I have along with my first run Hedge Super Mag with a big bore. I am probably going to sell the Warbird to get the Molt Gear Call.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby Fowl-Attitude » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:04 pm

I was not impressed with the new goose calls, the mongoose was in the house for about a week. I wanted to give it a fair shake and try different tunings, it just doesn't run the way I like. And it wasn't cheap..... the last goose call I will try from RNT.
Callum Close .... then CRUSHUM!!!!
Fowl-Attitude
hunter

Previous

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum