help short reeds while there on sale

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

help short reeds while there on sale

Postby cinnamonteal7 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:32 pm

what is the best short reed out there in the 100$-150$ range
miss him once shame on me, miss him twice on me agian, miss him three times damit! reload and watch where that SOB lands this isnt over.
cinnamonteal7
hunter

Postby plainsman » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:17 pm

Man, thats a loaded question. Soooo many opinions and calls to pick from. It really depends on what fits your style and ability. Winglock,Grounds,GK and Foiles all make great calls, as do many custom makers.Just remember that tuning and ability have more to do with success than the name on the barrel.PM me and I'll send you on a good path :mrgreen: I won't spam, but there are some that are definately better than others :cool:
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby Randy Loker » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:43 pm

:withstupid: I agree. It also depends on personal preference. For instance, I personally like a call with a consticted straight bore mouth piece. I think that it give you a lot more control and a lot more speed. I think that a call with a smaller mouth piece is also more comfortable to blow.

Having said that, there aren't a ton of calls like that out there. The Super Mag Pro from Grounds is one I really like. The Foiles Market hunter is ok. I also really like the Little Man from Zink. I personally use a Michigander from Lewis Custom Calls. Whatever you choose, just remember that high pitch generally kills more geese. :thumbsup:

If you want more info on the Michigander you can PM me.
I also have a wooden Super Mag Pro for sale.

:salude:
Pile 'em up

Team Michigander 08-09
Geese:288 Bands:5, 1 collar
Ducks:367 Bands:0
Randy Loker
hunter

Postby goosecaller » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:32 am

GK is my favorite, but there are so many out there that you are going to get a ton of different responses on this one.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby Andrew ONeill » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:43 pm

My best advice is to go out and try all the calls you can. I prefer Zink calls, they fit me the best. I like the Moneymaker because you can get very low on it as well as very fast and aggressive.
Andrew ONeill
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum