Differences between Foiles HPH and SMH

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Differences between Foiles HPH and SMH

Postby shootable Goose » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Im looking to buy one of these calls. I'm wondering which one can hit the lower notes, which is faster, stuff like that. I know that a lot of it has to do with how the call is tuned. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Re: Differences between Foiles HPH and SMH

Postby Cliner » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:13 pm

I've never tried a HPH, but I can get pretty low on a SMH. I would think that just the design of the HPH (meant for long range, attention getting calling) would mean that it is a higher pitched call. I have no factual knowledge behind that, so I'm sure someone will either correct or confirm. It just seems like sound deductive reasoning. In short, I love my SMH, I might get one in hedge soon.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Thanks. I think I'm gunna go with the SMH
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby fsulaxer » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:38 pm

You can't go wrong with either. i have 2 of each on my lanyard. The high plains in faster due to its design but depending on the way its tuned both can get nasty. If you have any questions call the FMI shop. 1866-83-geese talk to drew, lisa or rascal they will get you strait plus if you order from the shop they got tons of colors and different combos that you won't be able to pick up anywhere else
Adam Sultenfuss
Foiles Migrators
Centreville Md
fsulaxer
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:41 pm

fsulaxer wrote:You can't go wrong with either. i have 2 of each on my lanyard. The high plains in faster due to its design but depending on the way its tuned both can get nasty. If you have any questions call the FMI shop. 1866-83-geese talk to drew, lisa or rascal they will get you strait plus if you order from the shop they got tons of colors and different combos that you won't be able to pick up anywhere else

Ya I also saw that the HPHs are only $100!
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby fsulaxer » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:09 pm

pm sent to you shootable
Adam Sultenfuss
Foiles Migrators
Centreville Md
fsulaxer
hunter

Postby Cliner » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:26 pm