Waterfowlin with a Deere call

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Waterfowlin with a Deere call

Postby Tominator » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:42 am

:getdown: :smile: Thought you guys might like to see a pic of my new set of Snake River calls mde by John Stosich of Idaho. If the duck call insert looks funny that is because it was photochopped in as the final insert isn't done yet. Can't wait to get my Deere calls this week and give them a try. By the way the calls are made from dyed box elder burl that John stabilizes himself. Hope you enjoy.
[siteimg]1686[/siteimg]
Tominator
hunter

Postby goosecaller » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:00 am

That is a pretty cool idea. Did you ask him to make those for you? I have never thought about that. I may have to steal an idea from you.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby Tominator » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:25 pm

:thumbsdown: You wouldn't steal a man's John Deere idea would you??? :thumbsdown:
Tominator
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:42 pm

:thumbsup:

very cool. how do they sound?
harvey1b
hunter

Postby Tominator » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:54 pm

Won't know until they come in sometime this week. From others I have talked to and from what I have read on the net. They sound as good as they look.
Tominator
hunter

Postby Tominator » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:40 pm

Well I recieved my calls Friday afternoon and boy what a surprise. The craftmanship and detail was bar none the best that I have seen. And what suprised me the most was that it sounds as good as it looks. The model that I recieved is called the hypnotizer. In my opinion it is as loud as a Money maker and just as quick with the shaved Area 51 reed and flocknocker guts. It has great range to it also. I can get real low and raspy or can get high and clear if that is what the geese want to hear. It also has a great hollow moan sound to it. And I am sure that it will only sound better as the guts get broke in more. Do yourselves a favor guys. If you want not only a great sounding call, but a real beauty to boot. Give Snake River Custom Calls a try. John Stosich not only makes the calls, he even cuts down his own box elder burl and dyes and stabilizes it himself. How much more custom can you get in call making than that?
Tominator
hunter

Postby Idahofowlweather » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:52 am

I will second John Calls, I own his timber and his open water calls and love the sound... they have bumped all the RNT,Echo, and Foils off the lanyard...

I should be getting my new Boise State Goose call this week and will post pictures of the call... John is a top notch guy!!!
Idahofowlweather
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum