New RNT G3

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

New RNT G3

Postby duckschooler » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Went out to bass pro today to look around and run some calls. I ended up blowing a moneymaker, paralyzer, PC-1, and a G3. I was initally wanting to get a Matrix but got antsy and decided to get one. I didn't have to change my air presentation at all for the G3 unlike the Zinks. I liked the sounds of all the calls but the RNT G3 fit me the best so I went ahead and added it to my lanyard. Anyone have any thoughts on the G3?
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Re: New RNT G3

Postby Rick Hall » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:42 pm

My thought is that pleasing you is a lot more important than what guys on the Internet think of it.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Rick Hall wrote:My thought is that pleasing you is a lot more important than what guys on the Internet think of it.

Well said Rick :thumbsup: Have heard good things about it though :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby duckschooler » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:27 am

I guess I should have rephrased that. Does anyone have any tips on running the G3? When I was thinking about a new goose call it really wasn't on my list. I haven't got to blow it too much, being in Houston for now and having too non hunting roommates. Guess I'll be taking it too work in the morning, practing in traffic. I tried for the longest time yesterday to find soundfiles and clips on YouTube but it was really scarce. Anyone have a routine with the g3?
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:08 am

had a G3 that I just sold. I liked the call but it was too soft for me. It didnt have the crack to it that I am used to with my SMH. It is a good call though. I dont do competitions so I cannot help you there but it is easy to run and doesn't take much air.
asmythe32
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:22 pm

asmythe32 wrote:had a G3 that I just sold. I liked the call but it was too soft for me. It didnt have the crack to it that I am used to with my SMH. It is a good call though. I dont do competitions so I cannot help you there but it is easy to run and doesn't take much air.

Most likely the way it was tuned
mayhem96
hunter

Postby asmythe32 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:12 pm

mayhem96 wrote:
asmythe32 wrote:had a G3 that I just sold. I liked the call but it was too soft for me. It didnt have the crack to it that I am used to with my SMH. It is a good call though. I dont do competitions so I cannot help you there but it is easy to run and doesn't take much air.

Most likely the way it was tuned

Maybe but I bought it deirect from RNT. I am sure you could have it tuned harder but I wasn't too worried about it.
asmythe32
hunter

Postby dukcommander » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:07 pm

i picked one up last week. it was way different than my glynn scobey. but after about an hour i figured it out. sounds awesome and i love it.
"Believe half of what you see , and none of what you hear"
dukcommander
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum