Rnt vs grounds

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Rnt vs grounds

Postby quack-n-stack » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:09 pm

How does the warbird and mongoose stack up vs the grounds real thing, super thing, pro mag?
quack-n-stack
hunter

Re: Rnt vs grounds

Postby Tipsntails7 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:36 pm

To me they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. I've run every call they have brought out since the G2.The rnt guys have little business making goose calls in my opinion. They make arguably the best duck calls in the world and these just seem to be thrown together, they don't sound good, no depth, not capable of making multiple tones. Grounds calls are about as opposite as you can get, great tones across the board, they are difficult to tune but once u get them right they are on point and I personally like the way the inserts fit in my hand. But to me the real difference maker in any call is the guts, triple crowns are not for everyone but they are mean if you can run it. They are my second favorite guts(x-factors #1).
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:36 am

Tipsntails7 wrote:To me they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. I've run every call they have brought out since the G2.The rnt guys have little business making goose calls in my opinion. They make arguably the best duck calls in the world and these just seem to be thrown together, they don't sound good, no depth, not capable of making multiple tones. Grounds calls are about as opposite as you can get, great tones across the board, they are difficult to tune but once u get them right they are on point and I personally like the way the inserts fit in my hand. But to me the real difference maker in any call is the guts, triple crowns are not for everyone but they are mean if you can run it. They are my second favorite guts(x-factors #1).

I agree. Grounds calls are heads and tails above RNT Goose Calls. I have tried/own all of the RNT Goose Calls and they have nothing on Grounds calls. The Mongoose and Warbird are a nice addition, but when I pick up my Triple Thang, Real Thang, or Super Mag it makes RNT Goose Calls seem mediocre. The only RNT Goose Call I was completely satisified with was the Dirty Bird.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:50 am

DMBgoosehunter13 wrote:The only RNT Goose Call I was completely satisified with was the Dirty Bird.

I've always figured that my preference for the Dirty Bird over most of the far more popular Canada calls I've tried shows how little I know about them. But I'm hanging onto mine.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Tipsntails7 wrote:To me they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. I've run every call they have brought out since the G2.The rnt guys have little business making goose calls in my opinion. They make arguably the best duck calls in the world and these just seem to be thrown together, they don't sound good, no depth, not capable of making multiple tones. Grounds calls are about as opposite as you can get, great tones across the board, they are difficult to tune but once u get them right they are on point and I personally like the way the inserts fit in my hand. But to me the real difference maker in any call is the guts, triple crowns are not for everyone but they are mean if you can run it. They are my second favorite guts(x-factors #1).

Agreed! .. I knew i was seeing double!! ....Saw the other post on GHC :thumbsup:
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum