TG Real Thang

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

TG Real Thang

Postby cknapp37 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:55 am

Just ordered my first acryllic call, a TG Real Thang. Still waiting to get it in the mail and I'm pretty excited! Just wanted to see if anyone that has run one of these has some tips, thoughts, etc. I have heard they can be a difficult call to learn. Thanks!
cknapp37
Newb

Re: TG Real Thang

Postby ColoradoGooser » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:20 pm

With the short insert on the RT,you will need good hand positioning to get the best performance out of the call.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby Tipsntails7 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Not sure if it's any difficult to learn on, although you must be weary of your air presentation, if anything it is a pain to retune TC guts so I would mark it when you get it. I love mine, it's probably my favorite call because of the responsiveness.
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:11 pm

very loud, very fast. Great call. my favorite. You must have a good set of hands to make it work to its full potential.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Hands, Hands, Hands!!! That's the key to a Real Thang. It's an easy call to use, just learn to use your hands right. Also, alot of guys will probably say different, but my advice is don't mess with the tune. I would hope you told Grounds how you like it tuned...medium, light, or stiff...let him tune it to you and then "learn" to run the call the way it is. TC guts can be tough to "re-tune", especially if you don't know what you're doing.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby goosewhisperer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:54 pm

The RT is one of my favorite calls. As long as your hands are right and you present the air correctly you will not need another call...ever. But you will want more once you get bitten by the call bug.
Molt Gear Society Staff
Anatidae Wingshooting Adventures, LLC Pro-Staff
goosewhisperer
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum