Is Zink on crack??? (Zink Snow Storm)

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Is Zink on crack??? (Zink Snow Storm)

Postby alleyehave » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:12 pm

Okay, I don't pretend to be some expert. But a $110 snow goose call? What in the daisy dukes makes a snow goose call that much money? I know Sean Mann has an even more expensive call, but what gives? I am an idiot for calls, and we hunt snows more than any other geese around here. So i'm asking you to give me the pros behind a $110 snow goose call, and i'll buy it now, but until then, the sean mann express works great!
alleyehave
hunter

Re: Is Zink on crack??? (Zink Snow Storm)

Postby nmhuntpro » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:55 am

That's the going rate for an acrylic call. The cheaper call are either poly or ABS plastic. Many guys are out buying $200 speck calls. I don't $100 is bad for a high quality goose call. This is why they offer less expensive calls. As a machinist I can tell you there is alot more leg work in turning/finishing acrylic than there is in these poly calls. Thus, a higher dollar calls.
nmhuntpro
hunter

Re: Is Zink on crack??? (Zink Snow Storm)

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:51 am

alleyehave wrote:Okay, I don't pretend to be some expert. But a $110 snow goose call? What in the daisy dukes makes a snow goose call that much money? I know Sean Mann has an even more expensive call, but what gives? I am an idiot for calls, and we hunt snows more than any other geese around here. So i'm asking you to give me the pros behind a $110 snow goose call, and i'll buy it now, but until then, the sean mann express works great!

Yes it is expensive. The poly versions work like your Express Sean Mann Whiteout, but I do like the sound of that Zink Snow Call. Sounds very good and is loud. Even the Redbone Speck and Snow calls cost a fortune, but the quality and sound is where it's at.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum