New RNT calls

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

New RNT calls

Postby TNhunter611 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:00 am

Has anyone tried the new RNT Warbird or Mongoose? Thinking about getting myself one for Christmas, any info?
2013-2014 season
10 BWT
4 GWT
8 Widgeon
4 Shovelers
4 Pintails
2 Gadwall
1 Ringed neck
TNhunter611
hunter

Re: New RNT calls

Postby Bull Can » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:10 pm

I have tried them once and would like to try them again. Both calls that I tried out had unshaved reeds in them and personally they weren't for me. The inserts and odd to grip but that's just me. I think if you shaved the reed they would sound better but I only tested them out in a store. Just my opinion.
Getcha Some Green
Bull Can
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:06 pm

TNhunter611 wrote:Has anyone tried the new RNT Warbird or Mongoose? Thinking about getting myself one for Christmas, any info?

I have owned both. For some reason I can't get them to run properly. I have big lungs and Trevor Shannahan can attest to that when it comes to my preference of goose calls. However, the Mongoose and Warbird take too much air even for me. The new GK OTE guts provide power and low end with out sacraficing air. The guts in these new RNT calls will wear you out trying to blow the entire hunt. I like the hand position on them as far as the bell shape, but the guts didn't work for me. Tried a shave reed and didn't help either. As most have stated RNT should stick with duck calls and Grounds with goose. :yes:
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby TNhunter611 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Alright well im looking for more of a call thats easy to blow. Would i be better off with the G3? Or any other calls? Ive played arond with the polycarb PC-1 and its easy is there a call out there thats as easy as that to blow?
2013-2014 season
10 BWT
4 GWT
8 Widgeon
4 Shovelers
4 Pintails
2 Gadwall
1 Ringed neck
TNhunter611
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:01 pm

I can't speak to the G3, but RNT's now discontinued Dirty Bird was a fun to run good sounding little call, and you could do a lot worse than picking one up from the classifieds. I have way too many Canada calls, but mine's not for sale.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby duckdown323 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:22 pm

I was at Cabela's yesterday to try them both out. The Mongoose required more air to blow and the Warbird ran quicker. The Warbird is louder but I couldn't get much out of it on the low end. Neither one of them would pull me away from my G3. I feel the G3 is the best of both worlds and fits my calling style much better.
duckdown323
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum