gander valley calls

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

gander valley calls

Postby sgt_allhiserUSMC » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Which do you prefer? P.C.S. or the XXX.
sgt_allhiserUSMC
hunter

Re: gander valley calls

Postby Rick Hall » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Never tried the PCS, but along with a XXX I have a GK Canuck, Saunders Traffic, Heartland Pipsqueak and RNT Dirty Bird, and the XXX is the one I use. Like my hedge one so well that I've another in blackwood coming - as if I've any need for another Canada call.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Fowl-Attitude » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:34 am

The PCS is a great call, it will do anything you can ask of it. I get big geese, little geese on the hook with this call, it does not leave my lanyard. The XXX is a rocket...it is the PCS on steroids. It is a little higher pitched but still has the solid low end you need to finish geese into the pocket. Either way you go you will be satisfied IMO. If you have not called the shop yet give them a ring and have them run the two calls and ask them to help. I really enjoy the GVCC line up ( duck and goose calls) there service has really helped out to, never meet a nicer guy.
Callum Close .... then CRUSHUM!!!!
Fowl-Attitude
hunter

Postby tripleb » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:07 pm

I've only tried the Triple X of the Gander Valley Custom Calls line. I have a hedge model and an acrylic. You could do far worse than a Triple X in buying a goose call. It's one of the easier calls to run I've tried and sounds good too. I tuned mine a little higher in pitch as I get better response from the birds, but you can still get the lower pitched notes real geese make on the call even when tuned higher in pitch.
tripleb
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:14 pm

I have a P.C.S in hedge and a XXX in acrylic. They're both great calls, but I prefer the XXX. It's a bit smaller, a little higher pitched, but still has a fantastic low end, and it runs a little faster (takes less air). I've been really impressed with all the calls and customer service from GVCC and it's all I'm running on my lanyard now.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby shootable Goose » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:01 pm

I have both of them in acrylic. Both of them never leave my lanyard. I have the pcs tuned higher pitched and it is faster than my XXX. Both have great high and low ends as mentioned above. You won't be disappointed with either of them. And you can't beat Mark's customer service. Such a nice guy and willing to help. He blew every one of his calls in wood and acrylic for me over the phone. He also listened to me call through the phone and as best he could learned my callin style and was able to tune and recommend the perfect call for me.
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby Fowl-Attitude » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:07 am

Like stated above both are great calls, I suggest getting one of each you will be happy with both calls. They offer different tones, volumes and IMO they both are dialed in for all species of canada geese. I can't say enough good things about these calls they fit like a glove and geese respond to them better than any other call I have ran.
Callum Close .... then CRUSHUM!!!!
Fowl-Attitude
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum