Toxic Goose Calls

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Toxic Goose Calls

Postby TxQuackstacker » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:47 pm

I was wondering if anyone uses or has used a Toxic Calls- Speck Call or Snow Goose calls.
Just trying to get info and feedback on these calls before buying new calls.
TxQuackstacker
hunter

Re: Toxic Goose Calls

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:14 pm

I have no experience with the speck or snow toxic calls, but i can say i have owned one of their canada calls (TBH). Not to disown their calls or company but i didnt like mine at all. It was to hard to blow and sounded very odd. My friend also had the same problem and sold his too. He also got a duck call from them i think it is called the NBD, its alright but deffinately not a call i would reccommend picking up. Again just my opinion, everyone is enttled to their own and has different tastes. This is why there are MANY call makers. Im a Zink guy... RNT and Tim Grounds guy. But Zink is my company of choice. :thumbsup:

Best of luck on your selection bud,

Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Look into Redbone Calls - spendy but they're ridiculously sweet sounding.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby Doyle Tobel » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:06 am

The
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling wrote:I have no experience with the speck or snow toxic calls, but i can say i have owned one of their canada calls (TBH). Not to disown their calls or company but i didnt like mine at all. It was to hard to blow and sounded very odd. My friend also had the same problem and sold his too. He also got a duck call from them i think it is called the NBD, its alright but deffinately not a call i would reccommend picking up. Again just my opinion, everyone is enttled to their own and has different tastes. This is why there are MANY call makers. Im a Zink guy... RNT and Tim Grounds guy. But Zink is my company of choice. :thumbsup:

Best of luck on your selection bud,

X2.....the calls are weak at best. Guts flew out the end within the first month. He suggested I tape the wedge, I asked for new guts he wanted to charge and wasn't willing to look at he call in question to see if there was a issue he could fix. I didn't like the feel either, I guess i tried them because they had a aggressive look...wish I would have not wasted my time. Take Chris's advice the red bone call are top notch!
Doyle Tobel
hunter

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:15 am

^^ AGREE, the looks catch peoples eyes, no doubt a bunch of sweet looking calls. But not the best quality IMO. You can get a much better goose call for the same price.
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:30 am

Chris Hustad wrote:Look into Redbone Calls - spendy but they're ridiculously sweet sounding.

Or Riceland. Not as spendy, but still "ridiculously sweet sounding" speck and snow calls.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:20 am

damn that aint any good guess i should have done a lot more research before i spent my money
hillbilly..
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum