Thought I would try...

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Thought I would try...

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:37 pm

Hooking the new goose call up to the Shop-Vac and see what happened. Was actually impressed...worked better than I thought...unless I'm just crazy. Got a new set of Flyway X's and trying to break them in before a contest next month and got them started and now I'm just going to run the call to get it where I want it.

Just to give you guys an idea, I wasn't able to get it to do the rubbery flying spit-notes before I hooked it up. Hooked it up and ran it for about 8 minutes and got it pretty good. Still has a way to go, but surprised that this worked. I'd suggest you guys try it out and thanks for those of you that told me about it!

My rambling is over now :help:
mayhem96
hunter

Re: Thought I would try...

Postby shoreboy06 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Honestly if you don't do it right its a great way to wreck a call....idk why everyone is in a hurry to break the guts in thats the best part of calling...guts in my calls are over 10 years old and every wear mark was earned just my opinion tho good luck in the contest man make it up to easton md next year for worlds
Ill be hyprocritical and you heard it on DHC so its gotta be true
shoreboy06
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:22 pm

shoreboy06 wrote:Honestly if you don't do it right its a great way to wreck a call....idk why everyone is in a hurry to break the guts in thats the best part of calling...guts in my calls are over 10 years old and every wear mark was earned just my opinion tho good luck in the contest man make it up to easton md next year for worlds

Thanks man...you comp. call? Yea I just did it to speed it up, but I know what I'm doing...but you're right...nothing like breaking in a set on your own :thumbsup: Just trying to scramble for time...desperate times call for desperate measures :yes:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby tripleb » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:37 am

Glad to read it worked out for you. I've read of a few people burning out motors on vacuums during the process, so it's definitely not something you want to do a lot of with a high priced one ... like a Rainbow or something similar. I only did it a couple of times out of curiosity, but it did help get the break in process started.
tripleb
hunter

Postby shoreboy06 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:07 pm

I used to do the comp calling kinda got out of it its too political for me....and a definate copy cat sport but hey just my opinion ill stick to doing demo's with the Foiles line, and helping sell the calls. I just enjoy using my own broke in guts. I have a few sets that i wouldn't trade for anything in the world just laying in my tuning box...10 plus years on 3 sets of the Foiles green guts and i hope to never need a new set....But ill be getting my new call this week....THE REDEMPTION by FMI so ill have some new guts to break in...
Ill be hyprocritical and you heard it on DHC so its gotta be true
shoreboy06
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum