Tim Grounds Polycarb Cocobola

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Tim Grounds Polycarb Cocobola

Postby Centralkywaterfowler » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:28 pm

Wanting a new goose call. I have buddies who have both the high end Grounds calls and the less expensive Grounds calls and think the polycarbs are easier to run, plus they have the same guts. I like the price and of the polycarb supermags and like the cocobola barrel the best. Any experience with or suggestions would be greatly appreciated or other similar calls.
Centralkywaterfowler
hunter

Re: Tim Grounds Polycarb Cocobola

Postby mayhem96 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:42 pm

I don't think they make a call that has a Cocobola barrel and an acrylic insert... :huh:

Poly. call though is probably one of the best poly. calls out there IMHO :thumbsup:

The poly. call finished 3rd in the World Goose this year :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Centralkywaterfowler » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:53 pm

I've heard they are great calls for being polycarb. The cocobola call I'm looking at has a polycarb insert. Your right they don't have a coco with an acrilic insert.
Centralkywaterfowler
hunter

Postby huntandride » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:01 am

Pretty sure the guy who finished 6th blew a poly carb call in the worlds too. I have the coco/poly carb call with TC guts and love it.
huntandride
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:13 am

I have a lot of Super Mags in both poly, wood and acrylic. Great calls for the money. Durable and last a lifetime.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby STEELrainCT » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:07 pm

Ive owned 2 polycarbs and they are great but they dont last by the end of the season they start sqeaking and get high pitched...i now have a acrylic super magnum and the call is very forgiving and gives u that sweet low for doing moans and soft clucks...im not an expert caller and that call is very user freindly and takes very little back pressure.save ure money...u get what u pay for.
STEELrainCT
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:57 pm

huntandride wrote:Pretty sure the guy who finished 6th blew a poly carb call in the worlds too. I have the coco/poly carb call with TC guts and love it.

Yep...John David Stanley finished 6th blowing one :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Bo Beaver » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:17 am

I just bought a Grounds Super Mag with a Coco barrel an a polycarb insert. Ive liked the sound of every Grounds call Ive ever heard, but wasnt sure if they were for me(Im pretty particular about the feel of the exhaust end of the call). But I couldnt be more happy and will definitely not hesitate to go to a more high end Grounds call in the near future. My super mag is mellow with a goosey low end and a nice crack on the high end.
"Fear and dread of you shall be upon the beasts of the earth, and the fowl of the air, all that moves upon the earth, and all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be meat for you." Gen9:2
Bo Beaver
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum