zink goose calls

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

zink goose calls

Postby joekool » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 pm

i have been wanting a zink goose call for along time now but im just weary on spending all that money on something that will disappoint me

i guess my question is what is the best zink goose call out there??
MM
NOS
COD

and i don't know what new ones are out there now but i am looking for the easiest and most goosiest :yes: sounding call i don't like high pitched calls that's a no no for me so could anyone help a brotha out :thumbsup:
take your parents hunting, so you dont have to hunt your parents
joekool
hunter

Re: zink goose calls

Postby erp10 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:30 pm

I own both the Nos and cod. I think the Nos has deeper goose to it. If you are new to a short Reed you may want to handle it. Some people don't like the larger bell on the end. They both are very light to blow from the factory. Something to think about if you don't tune your calls or buy them directly from sink and have them tune it heavier for you.
erp10
hunter

Postby Tipsntails7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:51 pm

If you want a deeper goose call I would go with the sr-1. Personally I'm not a big fan of zink calls, weather it be the bell or the lack of air it takes to run them. Just not a big fan.

If you want a deep goose I'd look into a lynch mob slip knot or a winglock longneck.
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby erp10 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Tipsandtails is right. They dont take much air to run from the factory. You can tune them heavier or just bend your reed up alittle. I like their goose calls. You may want to check out GK calls at Macks they are 25% off right now. I picked up a Canuck that is pretty deep sounding, its my first GK but they get pretty good reviews.
erp10
hunter

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Im personally down with the Zink. I run the NOS and I like it a lot. I like all of Zinks line except for the Moneymaker. All are easy to blow too! I also like Tim Grounds line of calls A LOT too.
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Postby joekool » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:16 am

has anyone tried banded calls the three they have to choose from i forgot abt them i just started seeing them blow up in the goose call industry.
take your parents hunting, so you dont have to hunt your parents
joekool
hunter

Postby Tipsntails7 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:04 am

I'm not a huge fan of banded or the guy that runs them but his goose calls are pretty good. He's got the lynch mob x-factor guts in them which in my opinion is the best stock gut on the market. I liked the wrecking ball. Small fast great lesser call if that's how you want to classify it.
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby bigbuddha21 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:07 pm

i just got the zink power clucker call and i hate the damn thing. it wont tune right and just sounds like crap
bigbuddha21
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:47 am

bigbuddha21 wrote:i just got the zink power clucker call and i hate the damn thing. it wont tune right and just sounds like crap

That's because you probably bought the Poly version which sounds like crap consistently. The only Power Clucker I found that sounded decent was the camo version which had slightly different material.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Best goose call that money can buy imo is a drc mod.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby cuppedandkilled » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:58 pm

DMBgoosehunter13 wrote:
bigbuddha21 wrote:i just got the zink power clucker call and i hate the damn thing. it wont tune right and just sounds like crap

That's because you probably bought the Poly version which sounds like crap consistently. The only Power Clucker I found that sounded decent was the camo version which had slightly different material.

My hunting partners sounds pretty damn good...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
cuppedandkilled
hunter

Postby O.D.Lid » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:05 pm

i bought the COD i tried for two seasons could NOT blow it to save my life. traded it for an acrillic duck call straight across. two weeks latter the guy who i traded with had it up for sale was it me or the call?!! i tried a banded call wreckin' ball at cabellas and it sounded great just like my lil shorty
If the ocean was made of WHISKEY and I was a DUCK I'd swim to the bottom and get all F!@#% up!
O.D.Lid
hunter

Postby ram4gordon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:47 am

Nbn with regular guts not green ones
ram4gordon
hunter

Postby goosewhisperer » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:35 am

I like the Zink line up. If I had to choose, I would go with the NOS. I am not a big fan of the bell shape, but you get used to it after a little bit.
goosewhisperer
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum