Dirty Bird

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Dirty Bird

Postby harvey1b » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:12 am

I'm looking to pick up a new goose call. I tried ~10 different calls at Sportsman's Warehouse a little while ago and the RNT Dirty Bird (Ivory cackler) blew the best for me. Does anyone have one or have any experience with this call? I'm pretty sure I'm going to go ahead and get it, just curious to see what other people might have to say about it.

harvey1b
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:14 am

:getdown: Whooo Hoo!! :getdown:

I got it in the mail on Friday. This thing is SWEET!! My poor girlfriend has had to listen to me honkning on it all weekend. I'm taking it out tomorrow for the official first hunt.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby woodsedge » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:08 pm

I'm thinking of buying a dirty bird. What are your thoughts on this call? Thanks.
woodsedge
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:43 pm

It's a great call. I tried a bunch of calls at Sportsmans Warehouse including all the Foiles, Buck Gardner, Echo, Rnt, etc. The dirty bird was the most versatile for me, in fact I had trouble blowing some of the other ones.

I really like the dirty bird. It is my #1 go to. It hits low notes, and is very quick from note to note.

I would recommend trying it out b/c I don't think it is for everyone, but if you try it and like it I think you will be very happy with it.
harvey1b
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum