Learning DVD ?

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Learning DVD ?

Postby nitro1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Hey guys in kinda new at goose calling and I just bought a zink COD goose call and I was wondering what is the best learning DVD I can buy that teaches u clucks,double clucks,ect.......
nitro1
hunter

Re: Learning DVD ?

Postby goosehappy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:37 pm

I got "Bad Grammar" and thought it was OK. He has recordings of live geese, and of calls. Does a decent job of explaining how to make the sound. My best teachers are the geese. I pay a lot of attention to the sounds they make at different times of the year and in different situations. Bad Grammar covers the basics and a lot of unusual sounds the geese make and when they make them, and it covers calling for hunting, and calling in competition. So I thought it was a pretty complete CD. CD is nice because you can listen while driving, or whatever and don't need to be in front of TV.
trapped in the polar vortex
goosehappy
hunter

Postby cut_un » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:41 am

X2 on Bad Grammer :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:40 am

might want to try a search on youtube for fieldproven and he has 20 parts (whole dvd) on how to blow a goose call. i liked bad grammer for riding around the car and blowing but this gave you instruction and visuals.

i found it yesterday and tried it and the few times i would get the honk right it sounded really good but did learn that i may need a new call cause mine is pretty hard to get to break over.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby nitro1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:24 am

Thanks guys I bought the bad grammer off eBay that's a double set cd, and hope I learn lol
nitro1
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:09 pm

krazybronco2 wrote:might want to try a search on youtube for fieldproven and he has 20 parts (whole dvd) on how to blow a goose call. i liked bad grammer for riding around the car and blowing but this gave you instruction and visuals.

i found it yesterday and tried it and the few times i would get the honk right it sounded really good but did learn that i may need a new call cause mine is pretty hard to get to break over.

You might try shaving your reed to make it break over easier.
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:48 pm

goosehappy wrote:I got "Bad Grammar" and thought it was OK. He has recordings of live geese, and of calls. Does a decent job of explaining how to make the sound. My best teachers are the geese. I pay a lot of attention to the sounds they make at different times of the year and in different situations. Bad Grammar covers the basics and a lot of unusual sounds the geese make and when they make them, and it covers calling for hunting, and calling in competition. So I thought it was a pretty complete CD. CD is nice because you can listen while driving, or whatever and don't need to be in front of TV.

If he's new to calling..real geese fake geese or no geese isn't going to teach him a darn thing.. :no: :rolleyes: :huh: :fingerpt:
He has to learn the basics, practice practice and build on that...get good and then learn from the real thing....ya can't jump steps....only gifted people can progress fast or skip steps....and they still have a few bad habits.
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby crumbe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:44 pm

I would say go with Bad Grammer....I have it and thought it was very good.
crumbe
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum