sr1 paralyzer ?s

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

sr1 paralyzer ?s

Postby mrferly2004 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:01 pm

I'm new to goose calling and recently got a sr1 paralyzer for super cheap. It came with the DVD etc. I noticed that in the DVD he shows a different way to blow the call than most others do(basic,bad grammer etc). Fred uses his hands differently than I've previously been told how to. My ? is, should u learn it Fred's way or would that be handicapping me to be able to switch calls at a later time?
mrferly2004
hunter

Re: sr1 paralyzer ?s

Postby ColoradoGooser » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:23 am

That info on the video/DVD is still a good starting point on mechanics,but there is better info available today on hand positioning and over all call operation.
Most who started out back then used it,myself included,but there are better instructionals today that will help you more.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Re: sr1 paralyzer ?s

Postby halfscoop » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:55 am

mrferly2004 wrote:My ? is, should u learn it Fred's way or would that be handicapping me to be able to switch calls at a later time?

I'm no expert but here is what I did. I started with a Paralyzer also and learned it Fred's way. Later I purchased Bad Grammar and did it Scott's way. Now I use both methods depending on the goose call I'm using and the sound I want to make. ColoradoGooser has a valid point also. My point is twofold, it didn't matter for me so it probably won't matter for you. Every one of us has their own way as we get more experience. Go for it. HTH
halfscoop
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum