Got the zink COD

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Got the zink COD

Postby Oklahoma Greenhead » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Here is a little sound file of me on the Zink COD. let me know what you think. any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated.

http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/Dalla ... 6.mp4.html
"QUACK 'em, WHACK 'em, STACK 'em"

Mashin' Mallards since 1991
Oklahoma Greenhead
hunter

Re: Got the zink COD

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:18 am

IMHO, the call sounds like it's too hard for you to break over. Also, there were some notes getting slurred together. Make sure you can do each note without a hiccup before you can move on. Don't run if you can't walk :thumbsup:

On the bright side, the tone of the call sounds fine :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby ducksNgeese91 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Clean it up a little bit and you'll be in business. Over all not to bad. Just make sure when your hunting, don't fowl any notes. Pardon the pun. Over all the tone sounds good though
ducksNgeese91
hunter

Postby barrykeicks » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:58 pm

I agree with the other guys that you should slow things down a bit and work the lower notes, growls and murmurs, a bit more. The COD takes very, very little air and breaks over without having to be as aggressively as you are running it, all your calls seem to end on the same note. If you like a call with a lot of "crack" you might want to pick up a reed that isn't shaved and use it in the broken in tone board. If you call the Zink shop they will walk you through the process, someone there is always ready to help.

work on the low end stuff i think you will find the COD has some some of the nastiest, dirtiest sounds out there.

All that being said you will still kill geese with your calling. :yes:
barrykeicks
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum